Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 gift from DH
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jamesedwinsneed
Chatty Knitter

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  7:26:56 PM  Show Profile Send jamesedwinsneed a Private Message
not EXACTLY a knitting item, but I certainly NEED them to knit. My b'day/Christmas gift was an antique folding reading glasses locket. Hard to describe, but it looks like a long (about 3") fancy Victorian pendant. You push a small button and a pair of glasses pops out and unfolds. They aren't quite strong enough for me to really use(with my old bad eyes), but they certainly are a sweet love statement! He'd even taken the time to go by a local eye clinic to see whether it would be possible to fit them out with a real prescription. He is a real romantic and had surprised me for our 20 yr anniversery with a beautiful ring in a small antique silver mesh coin bag (with our anniversery date engraved on the lid), which he left on my pillow.

NO you can't have him, so BACK OFF, BABES!
Gayle

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  4:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
WTG, Gayle!!! Sounds like you have a keeper !!

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/avatarknittingyoda.jpg[/IMG]

Addicted to the Knit
Becka Always
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  5:49:20 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Awwwwww!

What a sweetie he is. :)

Happy Birthday!

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  08:51:29 AM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
How lovely! Sounds like he really knows what you like, which is a hard charateristic to find in a man!!

Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
[IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/qp2zhi.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

lford
Chatty Knitter

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2006 :  07:25:42 AM  Show Profile Send lford a Private Message
I received a knitting machine from my husband for my birthday a couple of years ago. I have deteriorating eyesight and carpal tunnel. He was concerned that knitting would make both worse despite my doctor's assurance that this was not the case. I thought it was very sweet that he went to the trouble and expense of doing this so that I might continue my beloved hobby. It certainly is going to help reduce my yarn stash also!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

yarnspeaktome
Chatty Knitter

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2006 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnspeaktome a Yahoo! Message Send yarnspeaktome a Private Message
The eyeglass pendent your lovely husband gave you is called a "lorgnette". Eyeglasses were considered a piece of jewelery during the victorian era. That's a really sweat gift and very collectable. Cherish it well.

ElsieW
Go to Top of Page

Beverly the Bronx Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  05:58:10 AM  Show Profile Send Beverly the Bronx Girl a Private Message
It goes to show that Romance is still alive and well in these times. It's wonderful to know that there are still thoughtful and loving spouses out there. Blessings, Beverly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe