Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Sinfonia yarn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  2:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Has anyone use Sinfonia cotton yarn? I found some the other day at Hobby Lobby. It has really pretty colorways. I thought about a Clapotis out of it. I checked the Clapotis KAL database and someone had used it successfully. Just wondered if anyone else had experience with this yarn--good, bad, indifferent?

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.

yarnmama
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  6:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit yarnmama's Homepage Send yarnmama a Private Message
I've used it. It's similar to Tahki Cotton Classic except for the gauge is smaller and it was splity. It seems to wear as well as CC.

Catherine Harrison
owner of Knitting Notions:Hand Dyed yarns, Hardwood yarn swifts and more
http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2006 :  7:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Thanks yarnmama! I went ahead and bought some since it wasn't very expensive. I'm going to try a Clapotis out of it. Except it will be my second one so will that make it a Clapoti? ;-)

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  07:23:23 AM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
What is a Clapotis?

I like the colors too. I did quadruple the strands and made my mom a couple of potholders. I know "boring" but the thick cotton potholders have been THE best potholders I have ever used. Plus the deep blues was a perfect match for her kitchen.

Kristin

"Dogs have masters, cats have servants"
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2006 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
A Clapotis is a scarf/shawl thing...
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTclapotis.html
...that was a lot of fun for me to make. Don't know if I'll ever wear it but it I thought the colors and the texture of the Sinfonia might make a nice one. And it might be more fun the second time!

~~~~Jamye

Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  8:55:18 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
Cool!!! Love that scarf, will have to try.

How much yarn did you need of the Sinfonia?

Kristin

"Dogs have masters, cats have servants"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.