Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 scarf curse
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

morandia
Chatty Knitter

250 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  2:52:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit morandia's Homepage Send morandia a Private Message
Well, knitted a potential special guy a scarf and sent it on its way around christmas - he was supposed to visit me at christmas but ended up sick. Then he was planning to visit over the summer, but he's not responding to emails anymore... hmmmm... He said he liked the scarf but that was pretty much the last I heard.... I guess the curse strikes again!!!

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  4:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
What a schmuck....certainly not worthy of your knitting talent. I hope the moths eat the scarf so he can't enjoy wearing it!

Better luck next time...

~Wendy

"Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable." - Sidney J. Harris

... My Knitting Blog.... My Other Nonsense
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  7:07:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Wendy, you are too funny! :-)

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2006 :  05:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Bummer, about the guy. Why can men be such pigs at times.

Wanda
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  9:11:25 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

What a schmuck....certainly not worthy of your knitting talent. I hope the moths eat the scarf so he can't enjoy wearing it!

Preferably when he is wearing it!!!!

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

knitting_physicist
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  11:57:17 AM  Show Profile Send knitting_physicist a Private Message
Good thing it was only a scarf and not something bigger and more difficult, like a fancy-schmancy sweater or something.

Good riddance to bad things.

-Sarah
No...gravitational physics makes the world go round.
Go to Top of Page

samsgrams
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2006 :  2:03:31 PM  Show Profile Send samsgrams a Private Message
I hope it was really cheap yarn!

samsgrams
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2006 :  12:03:45 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

Pity it wasn't a willy warmer with the moths attacking it with him wearing it.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  08:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
I wonder what he thinks when he wears that scarf now............

Holly
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  08:46:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Second thought......what does he say when asked where he got such a lovely scarf?

Holly, again.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2006 :  10:56:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Did you read the other "curse" thread? Someone (Mari, I think) suggested that perhaps instead of a curse, it was a test - that weeds out those not worthy of our time and love. http://knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53632

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe