Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Gifts Received?
 Denise Needles
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bigeyeblue
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  6:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit bigeyeblue's Homepage Send bigeyeblue a Private Message
Last year for Christmas, DH was paying close attention to my obsession and bought me the fabulous knitting needles. I believe the conversation at the yarn store went something like:

"my wife wants these certain needles and I think they are named the same as one of my former employees....."

Love him!

Eleni

http://www.holyknitbatman.blogspot.com

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3993 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  7:46:04 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
LOL

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3464 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2006 :  8:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Eleni, this is so funny!

What if he had two former employees, Denise and Adrienne (who goes by Addi)? What would he do?

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  05:46:53 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
LOL, Men are hilarious. I used to actually write a list that would say

1. Denise Interchangeable Needles then Name the yarn store
2. describe the shirt, pants or whatever, name the designer and store they were at and size.

He would take this to the store, hand it to the salesclerk and she would know exactly what it was, get if for him and he would be done. And yes he always waits to Christmas eve to shop. Doesn't matter that everyone else's presents have been done since the beginning the December.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

bigeyeblue
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
358 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2006 :  06:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit bigeyeblue's Homepage Send bigeyeblue a Private Message
I will say, in his defense, he is great when it comes to picking out clothes and gadgets (I'm a technogeek), but the knitting thing has definitely escaped him on more than one occasion! My next project for him is to make a warping board (I think). I'm just hoping he can handle it! LOL

Eleni

http://www.holyknitbatman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.