Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 I'm Doing Lace!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

elationrelation
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  8:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit elationrelation's Homepage Send elationrelation a Private Message
This may sound silly, but if you say your images are mirroring, do you know that most charts read right to left, (rather than left to right as one reads normally)? Are they reversing, etc.?

I am not sure of the pattern you are doing, but recently someone who was translating written lace patterns to charts on other lists, just found this out herself...

Often with lace I think we try too hard, and over think. Going back when one is more relaxed, we often do better and laugh at ourselves for overlooking the obvious...

Just in case it helps.

Best,
Susan Reishus
Go to Top of Page

mamacita
Chatty Knitter

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  10:57:56 AM  Show Profile Send mamacita a Private Message
Ok you lace addicts,

Wish me luck. I just received my yarn in the mail today and I am ready to tackle Ene's Scarf. I'm the backward lefty so we will see where that takes me. After reading everyone else's posts I realize that this may be the beginning of a new addiction. I sure hope I can figure it out!

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  2:29:21 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
My prayers are with you Cheryl.
Please keep us posted as to your progress.
Remember its only 1 stitch at a time.

Karen

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.
Go to Top of Page

mamacita
Chatty Knitter

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  1:07:45 PM  Show Profile Send mamacita a Private Message
Karen and Susan,

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I FINISHED IT !!!!! I still cannot believe that I actually did it. By the time I figured out the cast on and frogged the first several rows 5 times (yes, 5 times [xx() I finally got started the first week in June. I finished blocking her last night and am now going to ship it off for my mother's birthday (just a little late). I am certifiably hooked. I ordered enough yarn to do one for myself in another color and I really must force myself to do a bit of cleaning and laundry before I start. I think the secret for me in keeping the pattern straight was markers, markers, markers. Just as in cables, I am now asking myself why I was so fearful of lace. I had a ball making her and want to start again. You can count me as another one addicted !

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  8:20:50 PM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message
lace sure is addicting. cant leave it and if its a shawl cant finish it fast

shruti

My finished projects http://photos.yahoo.com/dr_shruti2000)
Go to Top of Page

sfgrandma
Chatty Knitter

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  9:52:40 PM  Show Profile Send sfgrandma a Private Message
Cheryli, I'm a lefty as well and, of course, learned long ago that my cables are the reverse of the pattern and phou seotos of finished projects. I'm assuming that instead of starting to read a chart from right to left, you are reading it from left to right. I'm also assuming that you've discovered that your k2tog slants left and your ssk slants right. If that's the case, I just substitute one for the other on a pattern. It's easier with a chart than with written instructions because when you see a right-slanting line on the chart, you know you need to do a ssk and when you see a left-slanting line on the chart, you know you're going to do a k2tog. Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?