Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 Lovely Lacy Shawl
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  06:08:08 AM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message
dear ada, u have put a marker thread across the work!! is it for the change of panel pattern? coz if it is it is really nice tip to keep in mind (for me ) that way one can remember where one was (even after a year -- :) )

shruti

My finished projects http://photos.yahoo.com/dr_shruti2000)
Go to Top of Page

ada
New Pal

Netherlands
36 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  06:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ada's Homepage  Send ada a Yahoo! Message Send ada a Private Message
Hi Shruti,

Yes i did put in lifelines after each panel completed. And it indeed saved my work.

Thanks for all the comments

Ada

http://dutchknitting.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YARNALOT
Warming Up

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  09:45:00 AM  Show Profile Send YARNALOT a Private Message
It's gorgeous! Congratulations. Now I want to make one too!

Lana
My Photos
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
-Professor Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  10:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
ugh!! I'm having a hard time finding anything.
Go to Top of Page

shall@wilsav.com
New Pal

4 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  10:42:04 AM  Show Profile Send shall@wilsav.com a Private Message
Ada, your shawl is gorgeous. I was wondering since you used sock yarn, did the gauge change and did you have to change the pattern or add stitches?
Go to Top of Page

ada
New Pal

Netherlands
36 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  12:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit ada's Homepage  Send ada a Yahoo! Message Send ada a Private Message
For Sandy,

The original pattern was designed for the use of sock yarn.

8 balls Patons Kroy Socks 4-ply yarn (50 g) Natural No. 483 was said in the pattern.

I used scheepjes invicta extra which also is a 4-ply and gave me about the same tention. I used 3,5 mm needles after a gauge check and it came out perfect

Ada

Go to Top of Page

2trees
Seriously Hooked

749 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  2:04:46 PM  Show Profile Send 2trees a Private Message
Just beautiful!

"Knitting lace has the highest entertainment value." - Yarn Harlot
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  4:30:20 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Congratulations, Ada, your shawl is just beautiful!
Go to Top of Page

sgoldfried
Seriously Hooked

Canada
769 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  06:39:30 AM  Show Profile Send sgoldfried a Private Message
good morning all
i have knitted many things but i have never done any lace knitting.

i have no idea how you can keep track of what you are knitting patterns. lace knitting looks very involved.

surely i cant believe that one starts with such involved patterns. where can i find a pattern for a begginer.
thankyou
sylvia
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  08:05:04 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Ada, you must be so proud. It is really beautiful and you did a wonderful job. CONGRATULATIONS, job well done! Now where are you wearing it for its first outing to be shown off?

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

v-allknit
Seriously Hooked

India
741 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile Send v-allknit a Private Message
sylvia you can visit so many sites for lace knitting for beginers, ie Knitting-and.com, there is a lovely fan and feather shal in multicolor, first shawl i knitted. then u could try knitty.com also and go to patterns and look for shawl/ scarfs start with what ever u find simple to start with

shruti

My finished projects http://photos.yahoo.com/dr_shruti2000)
Go to Top of Page

Becky in MO
Seriously Hooked

769 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  08:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Becky in MO a Yahoo! Message Send Becky in MO a Private Message
I'm sorry. I found what I needed to know. I had no idea what yfwd, and k1B meant. And they were the only ones throwing me off. I think that is the shawl I will do next.
Go to Top of Page

knittynoddy
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  09:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittynoddy's Homepage Send knittynoddy a Private Message
Ada-
Your shawl is simply stunning! Your work is beautiful - thank you for sharing!

Evelyn
Knitty Noddy
www.knitty-noddy.com
Go to Top of Page

KnittyElf
Warming Up

USA
70 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  7:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittyElf's Homepage Send KnittyElf a Private Message
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I've just added it to my list of things to knit – I'd been looking for a nice shawl done in sock-weight forever! I love knitting lace, but where I go to school, most of the time it's way too cold for such delicate things. Ada, your shawl is an inspiration to us all!

~ the KnittyElf :)
Go to Top of Page

ada
New Pal

Netherlands
36 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  02:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit ada's Homepage  Send ada a Yahoo! Message Send ada a Private Message
Thank you all for the comments on my shawl,I am indeed proud of it.

Ada

Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  05:11:36 AM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message
Ada,

Your shawl is stunning!!! You did a wonderful job knitting it, you should be very proud! It turned out absolutely beautiful.

I've looked at this shawl several times on the internet, but was nervous to try it because of possible errors in the pattern. Thanks for posting the link to sites with corrections.

Carrie
Go to Top of Page

Solaris
Permanent Resident

Canada
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:50:47 AM  Show Profile Send Solaris a Private Message
Your shawl looks MUCH better than the one on the Canadian Living photo. Lighter, more airy and thus more lacy. Congrats.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?