Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 the matrix reloaded
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2003 :  3:50:00 PM  Show Profile Send digknit a Private Message
While watching this movie I couldn't help but notice all the knitted items everyone was wearing. Then I remembered that in the Suss Cousin's Hollywood Knits book she mentions that she knit the sweater Laurence Fishburne wore in the first movie. The pattern is included in the book. In this movie they all seem to wear some version of this same sweater, in different fibers and weights, and various levels of "distress." I looked but didn't see her name among the credits at the end - the credits went on for ages. Does anyone know if she designed/made the sweaters for this film? Now I'm inspired to knit up my own matrix sweater, maybe in cotton for a lightweight summery sweater.

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  07:25:30 AM  Show Profile Send lemons a Private Message
I can reply to this with great pride that it's a St. Louis designer and her firm that does the sweaters for all the Matrix movies. It's called Skif, and there's a website, www.skifo.com. They're located in St. Louis' traditional Italian neighborhood, the Hill. There's a very funky lower-Manhattan feeling store that's open erratic hours (call first) - and she said she'd sell me yarn by the cone, when she noticed a scarf I had on, complimented me on it and asked if I'd knit it!

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

I can reply to this with great pride that it's a St. Louis designer and her firm that does the sweaters for all the Matrix movies. It's called Skif, and there's a website, www.skifo.com. They're located in St. Louis' traditional Italian neighborhood, the Hill. There's a very funky lower-Manhattan feeling store that's open erratic hours (call first) - and she said she'd sell me yarn by the cone, when she noticed a scarf I had on, complimented me on it and asked if I'd knit it!

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

lemons
Permanent Resident

1692 Posts

lemons of missouri

Go to Top of Page

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  2:50:34 PM  Show Profile Send digknit a Private Message
Lemons - thanks so much for replying! I loved the Skif website - there are some fabulous clothes on there, not just sweaters. It's great to see a knitwear designer that thinks outside the box. If I'm ever in St. Louis I'll definitely have to check it out.

Go to Top of Page

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Lemons - thanks so much for replying! I loved the Skif website - there are some fabulous clothes on there, not just sweaters. It's great to see a knitwear designer that thinks outside the box. If I'm ever in St. Louis I'll definitely have to check it out.

Go to Top of Page

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Go to Top of Page

digknit
New Pal

USA
0 Posts

Go to Top of Page

onestitchshort
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  3:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit onestitchshort's Homepage Send onestitchshort a Private Message
I have to thank you for giving me something to interest me during the Matrix. Not only was I surprisingly captivated by the movie (not necessarily my type of movie) but I enjoyed watching for the various sweater styles in the movie, as well. My favorite was just a simple fitted v-neck sweater that Trinity wore at the beginning of the movie. It inspired me to make one, someday.
-sarah b.

Visit my little corner of the web http://www.onestitchshort.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

onestitchshort
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  3:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit onestitchshort's Homepage Send onestitchshort a Private Message
I have to thank you for giving me something to interest me during the Matrix. Not only was I surprisingly captivated by the movie (not necessarily my type of movie) but I enjoyed watching for the various sweater styles in the movie, as well. My favorite was just a simple fitted v-neck sweater that Trinity wore at the beginning of the movie. It inspired me to make one, someday.
-sarah b.

Go to Top of Page

onestitchshort
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

-sarah b.

Go to Top of Page

onestitchshort
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

-sarah b.

Go to Top of Page

onestitchshort
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

-sarah b.

Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  4:47:07 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
Well then, how come I didn't get the right website? All I got were a bunch of ads?

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Well then, how come I didn't get the right website? All I got were a bunch of ads?

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2003 :  4:49:41 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
OK..I found it...weird stuff.

Shirley

Too much is not enough!
Go to Top of Page