Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 Shimmer is dulling
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

latoyadenise@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 05/18/2006 :  05:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit latoyadenise@yahoo.com's Homepage  Send latoyadenise@yahoo.com a Yahoo! Message Send latoyadenise@yahoo.com a Private Message
I have had the HARDEST time with Shimmer (from knitty.com - 2003). From the arms being stitched on and contorting my needles and arms to the weirdest positions to my Denise needles breaking to wanting to bind off, but can't. It has been 2 months for me to knit 1 shrug!!!uggh.

Has anyone else done this pattern before? Do chime in.

Latoya

Check out what I'm knitting: http://2sticksandastring.blogspirit.com/

tkas
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  11:22:05 AM  Show Profile Send tkas a Private Message
I have just started this project. I can only let you know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2388 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  12:10:42 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
I wanted to make that one, but didn't realize it wasn't knit in one piece. I have a pattern I love that's knit from sleeve to sleeve and just thought they were all like that. Guess I'll stick to my one piece.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

carolinnyc
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  10:17:01 AM  Show Profile Send carolinnyc a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by azblueskies

I wanted to make that one, but didn't realize it wasn't knit in one piece. I have a pattern I love that's knit from sleeve to sleeve and just thought they were all like that. Guess I'll stick to my one piece.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

roofth
Seriously Hooked

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  7:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit roofth's Homepage  Send roofth a Yahoo! Message Send roofth a Private Message
I worked on Shimmer around April/May 2005. I never finished because I made a HUGE errors while decreasing the lace for the raglan in the back. It turned out I was decreasing in the wrong increments (4 stitches at a time, rather than 6 or something like that..) When I found out about my mistakes, I realized I would have to rip back at least 40 rows of lace. And just the thought of that made me put down this project. And it's still sitting there (with the needles still in it) to this day.

I DO remember the part about knitting up the sleeves separately and then attaching them on. The point where you attach them gets quite awkward, from my own experience as well as others who have also knit this up. I just did my best and was glad I was over with it. =P

========================
I've moved!! Ruth's Knits
Go to Top of Page

tkas
New Pal

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2006 :  4:55:05 PM  Show Profile Send tkas a Private Message

Has anyone else done this pattern before? Do chime in.

Latoya[/brown]

I did finish this in July. Yes, the sleeve attachment is awkward, but only for a few moments. The decrease with the lace is confusing. I wish the pattern would have given us a few pointers. The object is finished and looks awesome! Did you ever finish this?

Tina
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.53 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?