Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Felting for Christmas
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  2:02:10 PM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message
Look out!! I just took a felting class at LYS, and I'm on a roll!!

I ordered the pattern for "Oregon Tote", and I would like to make 3 of these for Christmas gifts. That gives me time to select nice colors and do a good job.

Summer fun

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  2:11:06 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Felting is addictive!!

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

SaraO
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  11:52:24 AM  Show Profile Send SaraO a Private Message
I'm a fan of the Oregon Tote as well, but I haven't made it yet. I'm on my second Felted Purse from Two Old Bags.

Have fun!
Sara
Go to Top of Page

lford
Chatty Knitter

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  12:08:10 AM  Show Profile Send lford a Private Message
I just recently tried my hand at felting for the first time and it is addictive. I have been making the felted clutch and felted bowls from 'One Skein." I am sure I will be making both for Christmas gifts and will be looking for more patterns for felted items.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4152 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I was just thinking I needed to start on some felted slippers for Christmas gifts.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  4:33:55 PM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
kim, do you just make a bunch of slippers in several sizes and pass them out as the need arises, or do you take sizes of everyone to whom you plan to give them? How do you know when to stop felting, size-wise? I love the felted slippers for Christmas idea. Why didn't I ever think of that in previous years?

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

theraknit
Chatty Knitter

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  6:28:02 PM  Show Profile Send theraknit a Private Message
Heather:

I knitted felted clogs for most of my family members two years ago. I did take note of what size shoe everyone wore and tried to felt based upon those sizes. Luckily, most of them were close to either my size or my husband's. If not, I consulted with a neighbor or friend to come help me out when I felted the clogs in the wash.

Good luck, everyone will be so impressed!

Cathy

Cathy

View my blog at www.theraknit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  4:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message
A friend made felted slippers for everyone in her family last year. She didn't felt them but sent each pair off with felting instructions, a mesh zippered bag, a small container of that soap you don't have to rinse out, and a felted swatch so the recipient would know what it should look like. It was a huge success because everyone got to custom-size their slippers and they thought the felting was a blast. I think I'm going to do the same thing this Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

three-cowboys
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  6:32:10 PM  Show Profile Send three-cowboys a Private Message
Such great ideas! I just felted my first thing too, and boy, do I love it!

Linda, I too made the clutch from One Skein! What a cute bag. So easy to do. I think I might make those in different sizes, perhaps with lining, if I'm feeling courageous, for gifts this year. But please don't hold me to it! ;)

Linda
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  7:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
I am making felted hedgehogs. They are too adorable, and everyone wants one. Even my nephew, who only likes things that either need electricity or are hockey related.
I made felted slippers (fuzzy feet) for MIL for her b-day. I used her shoe size. When I was done, they measured what the internet said they should based on shoe size, but looked like clown shoes to me. When she put them on, they were a perfect fit, like I had blocked them on her feet. She is 2 sizes bigger than I am, so I guess that just made them look huge.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

[img]http://members.cox.net/blwinteler/th_TeamVegas2.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

three-cowboys
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  11:56:30 AM  Show Profile Send three-cowboys a Private Message
Felted hedgehogs sound darling!!! Can you share the pattern, or where to find it? Or is it something you made up? Would love to look at a pic!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

VioletKnits
New Pal

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  12:35:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit VioletKnits's Homepage  Send VioletKnits a Yahoo! Message Send VioletKnits a Private Message
three_cowboys, the hedgehog is a Fiber Trends pattern, and it is really darling! they look cute in natural colors but i've also seen some bright orange and bright blue ones that were cute as well!

i second the felted slippers. last year, i made three pairs of the fiber trends felted clog slippers, and they were a big hit. they're fairly easy, knit up quickly, and finish beautifully.

Knit it, Violet!
Go to Top of Page

chantalscraftycorner
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  1:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit chantalscraftycorner's Homepage Send chantalscraftycorner a Private Message
I agree! Felting is addictive. I made 2 felted wine totes (great for those bring your own wine restaurants or if you want to give a bottle as a gift) and also a pair of felted booties for my daughter which she's already outgrown.

Chantal
www.ChantalsCraftyCorner.com
Go to Top of Page

three-cowboys
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  7:15:46 PM  Show Profile Send three-cowboys a Private Message
Thanks Violet! They are totally cute! Going to try a few.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I made some things from One Skien and Knit One, Felt Two and you all are right...totally addictive. I just got a patttern for a lovely felted tote with an intrelac design in the middle from Knit Picks and it is just lovely. I cannot wait to knit this and felt it. Gorgeoussssssss!!! Felting makes me feel like I have really done something science like LOL

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth