Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 I'M SORRY EVERYBODY!!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Clara
queen bee

USA
4398 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
Imagine my surprise this morning when I received a panicked phone call from a forum member (thank you Amie and Sharon/Vi!) telling me that the KR domain had ... gasp ... expired.

If you were worried, the answer is NO. I haven't closed down shop and escaped to Mexico. I simply didn't get the renewal reminder email. Because of my &%#@$ spam filters.

The domain name has been renewed and is slowly propagating across the globe. Total time for this: 24 hours.

I most humbly and red-facedly apologize for any heart attack this may have caused anybody when they tried to log on this morning.

And now, I'm off to do some deep breathing and try to bring my own heart back in line.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

Paris2005
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:11:17 AM  Show Profile Send Paris2005 a Private Message
Clara,

Thanks for the note! I thought for sure something was wrong with my computer and/or internet connection.

Everything will be OK very soon,
Ramona
Go to Top of Page

Paris2005
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:11:17 AM  Show Profile Send Paris2005 a Private Message
Clara,

Thanks for the note! I thought for sure something was wrong with my computer and/or internet connection.

Everything will be OK very soon,
Ramona
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
not your fault.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
not your fault.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Well, I have to admit I was checking other lists to see if anyone else had noticed it. When I could find nothing I wondered if the problem was at my end. Thanks, Clara, for letting us know. In Michigan it works fine now.

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:20:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Well, I have to admit I was checking other lists to see if anyone else had noticed it. When I could find nothing I wondered if the problem was at my end. Thanks, Clara, for letting us know. In Michigan it works fine now.

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
It was transparent to me (of course I didn't check in earlier, or I might have seen it).
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:31:28 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
It was transparent to me (of course I didn't check in earlier, or I might have seen it).
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4369 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Deeeeep breath, Clara. We'll live!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4369 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
Deeeeep breath, Clara. We'll live!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Photos: My Flikr Album
Go to Top of Page

yarnmama
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnmama's Homepage Send yarnmama a Private Message
Whew! I'm just glad it's back, yay!

Catherine Harrison
owner of Knitting Notions:Kettle Dyed yarns, Hardwood yarn swifts and more
http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmama
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnmama's Homepage Send yarnmama a Private Message
Whew! I'm just glad it's back, yay!

Catherine Harrison
owner of Knitting Notions:Kettle Dyed yarns, Hardwood yarn swifts and more
http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Swiftly moving gal, Miss C. that happened to the library's domain name one year - for exactly the same reason too. took me a heck of a lot longer to get back online than it took you.

What a delight to find everything back to normal with only 4 hours of withdrawl.

Yea! Clara!!

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  07:57:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
Swiftly moving gal, Miss C. that happened to the library's domain name one year - for exactly the same reason too. took me a heck of a lot longer to get back online than it took you.

What a delight to find everything back to normal with only 4 hours of withdrawl.

Yea! Clara!!

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:19:09 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Ya it was a little jolt this am, but I had faith in Clara and knew she would take care of asap and she did. Just goes to show our Clara gets it done, EXCEPT for one thing. The KR Pin!

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:19:09 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Ya it was a little jolt this am, but I had faith in Clara and knew she would take care of asap and she did. Just goes to show our Clara gets it done, EXCEPT for one thing. The KR Pin!

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
morning clara.......deep breath dear

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
morning clara.......deep breath dear

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
You the Champ Clara!

I thought it was my computer because this happened to another site I go to ..

Glad to see you up and running....and now I can get my 3 hour KR Fix every morning again.

What is worse doing without...knitting or KR....huummmm...
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2006 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
You the Champ Clara!

I thought it was my computer because this happened to another site I go to ..

Glad to see you up and running....and now I can get my 3 hour KR Fix every morning again.

What is worse doing without...knitting or KR....huummmm...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?