Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 A real mans knitting bag.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  03:36:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
I just picked this up two weeks ago last Saturday. I can hardly wait to see the look of confusion and perplexity on the faces of my friends when I pull out my antique baleen needles and alpaca project from this bag :o)

http://community.webshots.com/photo/95760608/2786990260033885154BCisPz

Mike in Homestead

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  03:41:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
[:00][:00]

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  05:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
mike as always......you crack me up

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  06:59:26 AM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
You need to install a hidden camera for that moment! Nice one...

Lin, High Priestess of Liberal Color Usage
"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/teenyberet.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  09:49:55 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I don't see a bag just a motorcycle.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

flutebabe
Seriously Hooked

968 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile Send flutebabe a Private Message
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  12:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
mokey see them sort of rectangular squarish thingies over the muffler
thems' saddlebags of a sort
THAT's where you can store the knitting etc.....
vi
who grew up around harley's and once had 7 vintage harleys in the basement......

including a tric..............

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  12:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
ohhh I want one of those too -- even though I don't fit the real man part

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  12:19:57 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
*snort*....nice knitting bags! I think my husband would be willing to take up knitting too, if he could have those bags...bag? Whatever.

Very nice Mike.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  12:39:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Oh, man, I have to make sure my hubby and boys don't see that or they'll want knitting bags just like yours!

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  2:50:42 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
hahahaha!

That would give people a real reason to stare

If I am me,
and you are you,
then who is he?
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2006 :  5:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
It's probably not a real good idea but with a frame mounted faring and cruise control I could just about knit blasting down the super slabs at 70.

In some circles this type is known as a bagger.

Mike in Homestead
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  03:47:12 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
Beats the heck out of my Crown Royal bags! LOL That is tooo cool Mike!
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  05:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Love the bike. Hope you have a video camera to capture the expressions on your friends.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2006 :  11:05:05 AM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
I've got a '54 HD panhead for sale if anyone's interested....it's a "kit bike" and still needs wiring.....

chris

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

2trees
Seriously Hooked

749 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2006 :  5:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send 2trees a Private Message
:D

"Man is more nearly like the pig than the pig would like to admit." - Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2006 :  7:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
Mike you win the "Coolest Knitter" award!

But stay alive, don't knit and drive.

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page

Saleknitter
Warming Up

90 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile Send Saleknitter a Private Message
Mike, that bike is GORGEOUS! Don't do what I do sometimes...knit at red lights!
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  10:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
Mine wouldn't. Not because it isn't a gorgeous bag, but because one of those left his brother paralyzed from the nippled down.

Money's the world's curse.
May the Lord smite me with it.
And may I never recover!
Craftiness is Sanity
The Last Thread
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2006 :  04:13:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
I am truly sorry about the injury to your Brother in Law. I have lost many friends, too many.

As a rider with over 30 years of experience, most of it in Miami-Dade County I know how dangerous a bike is. I have been driven off the roads too many times to count. Iíve been knocked down twice, once with injuries. Once I had to drop the bike or T-Bone two cars involved in a crash, actually drove away from this one but spent two weeks out of work recovering. Iíve had to lock up the breaks to swerve around vehicles I would have totaled if I was in my pickup truck, as they made left hand turns in front of me. I can quite imagine that the next one will kill me but Iíve got to tell you when I am done with my life, that God has given me, not even the Medical Schools will want the remains as they will be totally used up.

For me crushing the bones and sucking the marrow out of life is riding. I know that if I can live long enough eventually they will force me to stop riding and I have to wonder if I would want to live that long. I know that live was given to me and is a wondrous gifts, Iím not entirely sure why this is so. I also think that the will to survive can become an obsession, well lets just call the motorcycle the remedy for that affliction :o)

I donít laugh at death, I laugh with it.

Mike in Homestead
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?