Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 The Afghan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yorkie Mom
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  1:24:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yorkie Mom's Homepage Send Yorkie Mom a Private Message
Ok so I have a pattern for an afghan that I think is really cute. It has little holes in it like the ones that I always had growing up. You know the kind that you can put your toes and fingers in? So I bought the pattern and some really soft yarn in a beige color. Of course this was my first real attempt at a pattern. I had done other simple ST st patterns and that type thing but this had things in it like passing stitches and YO and that type thing. And I was doing so well too! I had probably a foot or so knitted and it looked so good! I was really proud of myself. I would take it to work with me and work on it when we had down time (which was pretty often since they were phasing out our department). This was all right before I got married. So the wedding came and went. We got all of our stuff (and I should say crap because that is what most of it is!) moved in. And it happened. I lost the pattern! I had no clue where it was. I knew where the WIP was. But not the pattern for it. It had been a little while since I had worked on it because of the wedding so I could no longer remember the pattern. So I left it in its little hobby lobby sack waiting anxiously for the day that the pattern would reveal itself. And about a year later that day came. Unfortunately I had no clue what I was doing. I couldn't figure out which row I was on. I had no idea how to tell which row I had done last. I didn't know which stitches were purls or knits! I knew that I was on one of two rows but I couldn't tell which one! So I guessed at it. And guess what....Yup. I guessed wrong. So I worked another 2 inches or so trying to decide if the pattern was matching up. Nope it didn't. I now know a LOT more about knitting. But I am so afraid to frog this afghan that I have worked so hard on. I made the stitches real loose so that it would be nice and big and airy and now I am having deciding where to pick the stitches up at. I think that I am going to run some waste yarn through. I just have to get the nerve up to fix it. But I have so many WIP's right now that I don't even really have time to worry about it!

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2006 :  3:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
I know the feeling. I was working on an afghan for what seemed like ages, making no progress on it, and finally put it aside for a while. I picked it up the other day (okay, I was going through my stash looking for something else) and had no idea where I had left off. I considered frogging it, but it's kind of a nice rug size the way it is now. Maybe I'll just bind it off and have myself a new rug...

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?