Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 Seeking Submissions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lelann
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  05:58:24 AM  Show Profile Send lelann a Private Message
Author Lela Nargi is seeking submisions for a new anthology, Knitting Through It, to be published by Voyageur Press. For detailed guidelines, please contact lelanargi@earthlink.net; type Knitting Through It in the re: line.

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  08:43:00 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Clara notified

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  08:43:00 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Clara notified

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  08:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
No, no, this is ok! Lela is a very good apple, and I encouraged her to post the call for submissions here. I know we have some excellent writers in this group and I wanted to make sure they all had a chance to contribute, if interested.

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2006 :  08:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
No, no, this is ok! Lela is a very good apple, and I encouraged her to post the call for submissions here. I know we have some excellent writers in this group and I wanted to make sure they all had a chance to contribute, if interested.

Clara
Go to Top of Page

~bananaKnits~
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit ~bananaKnits~'s Homepage  Send ~bananaKnits~ a Yahoo! Message Send ~bananaKnits~ a Private Message
Lela, can you tell us more? What is this all about? Please for those of us who have no idea what your new anthology is about.

Happy Knitting,

ana

http://bananaknits.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Laurie K
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  4:01:32 PM  Show Profile Send Laurie K a Private Message
my emails keep getting rejected. How do I obtain guidelines?
Go to Top of Page

Laurie K
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  4:01:32 PM  Show Profile Send Laurie K a Private Message
my emails keep getting rejected. How do I obtain guidelines?
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3995 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
The email link has a semicolon at the end of it. I think that is what is causing emails to be rejected -- delete the semicolon and try again.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3995 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
The email link has a semicolon at the end of it. I think that is what is causing emails to be rejected -- delete the semicolon and try again.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

mamid
Permanent Resident

Canada
1568 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Send mamid a Yahoo! Message Send mamid a Private Message
my email was rejected too, but not by the semicolon, but by Earthlink's spamblocker.

Oh Well.

The Last Thread
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
That's the standard Earthlink email that goes out to anyone emailing an Earthlink customer with spamblocker - I get 'em all the time with the KR newsletter. The email actually asks you to click on a link and fill out a few form fields (to verify you're a person and not a spam machine) and the email will get right through to Lela.

Clara
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3995 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  2:08:24 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I filled out the form and got an email from Lela in a short time.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

elspethm
Chatty Knitter

USA
323 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2006 :  6:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit elspethm's Homepage Send elspethm a Private Message
So someone got an email, but it's still a mystery? Can the guidelines be published here?

Elspeth
Silicon Valley, CA
http://ladybug326.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4404 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  06:49:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
I think Lela would rather communicate directly with her contributors via email. She showed me her guidelines and they were far longer than would be appropriate to post here. So just email her and you'll be set.

Clara
Go to Top of Page

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message
Lela is very nice and quick in responding to requests. Check her out on Amazon.

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."
Go to Top of Page

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  3:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message
Lela is very nice and quick in responding to requests. Check her out on Amazon.

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."
Go to Top of Page

Knit and Purl Grrl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  10:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit and Purl Grrl's Homepage Send Knit and Purl Grrl a Private Message
Sounds interesting... I'm going to check it out!
oxxo
Lain

Lain
Knit & Purl Grrl
visit me at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Knit and Purl Grrl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  10:05:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit and Purl Grrl's Homepage Send Knit and Purl Grrl a Private Message
Sounds interesting... I'm going to check it out!
oxxo
Lain

Lain
Knit & Purl Grrl
visit me at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000