Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Slouchy Cardigan
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  06:54:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
J.
we are. I had asked Deena about that, joining w/other projects from the book as I also am working on that skirt. So come on over, ok??
BTW what yarn are you using?? the daktari?? I am and love it. got a pic on my blog..
sherry

www.xanga.com/bears2share
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  12:13:49 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Are there other good patterns in this book? I love the slouchy cardigan and am trying to justify the purchase. Thanks!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

yarnfanatic
Seriously Hooked

826 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  12:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit yarnfanatic's Homepage Send yarnfanatic a Private Message
I don't know what you go for,
but I also am makign the skirt on the cover (presently)
want to do the kidsilk haze dress, another jacket type zipper jacket.
Ok, there is a scarf. simple beret, boxer shorts, canyon hiking socks, recipe for orange honey muffins, a chanelish cardi/jacket,classic mens sweater, socks, computer keyboard cover, felted saddle blanket, baby blanke,t messenger bag, a huge triangle shawl, a baby sweater, a kids skirt, a lush hoodie, hat, pillow, polo shirt, a gorgeous table cover, a bikini, yoga mat bag, and few other things :-)
I think it's really worth it.
sherry

www.xanga.com/bears2share
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  6:53:46 PM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
Yes! The book is great. That's my opinion, though. I live in So. California, so the patterns do work well in this climate and they also are not as traditional, so if you are into that look, I think you would like the book, too. I also like the way the book is written and the photos are great, too. It's just cheery and upbeat.

Sherry...I love the kidsilk haze dress, too! I am going to make it for my daughter. If I get to the gym and lose some weight, maybe I will make one for myself later (much later!) I am also making the bikini for my daughter and I would love to make the sweatshirt and the slouchy cardigan. There are lots of great patterns. I am using the Daktari, but Knit Cafe did not have enough of the Cappucino color, so I am using a mango/pink handpaint mix that looks kind of like a popsicle. It is definitely more funky than the cover look, but my daughter is 14, so I think it will work well for her. I can picture that skirt with a tank top and a jean jacket. It would look great. They have the skirt hanging in the window of Knit Cafe and it is just as cute in person.

J.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyinNM
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  08:48:44 AM  Show Profile Send DaisyinNM a Private Message
I was pleasantly surprised by the great stuff in this book. I went to the store to buy it and loved the polo shirt they had knitted up. I asked about it, and of course, it is in the book. I bought the materials to make it right then. I am now making the shawl. I am going to make the slouchy cardigan and plan to also make the hoodie. Everything that was knitted up in the store looked great. The skirt was darling and the dress was fabulous - if only I had the bod ...
Margarita
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2361 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  12:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Looks like I'll have to order it. I DO like the cardigan you're all making.

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time.
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  04:51:08 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
Just requested membership in the KAL. Looking forward to this. Looks like the perfect weekend sweater. I picked up Classic Elite Inca Alpaca at my LYS 50% off sale yesterday. I hope it works out for that pattern. What is everyone else using?

J.
Go to Top of Page

DaisyinNM
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  07:29:29 AM  Show Profile Send DaisyinNM a Private Message
J. - that's the yarn I was going use, too! I got some of it for the Huge Triangle Shawl (p.58) and really like it. What color did you get? I got Blue Danube which is really beautiful. The Classic Elite website says that they are going to have some new colors for the fall, a couple of which looked like they would be worth waiting for. 50% is awesome! Mine wasn't on sale, but it was discounted some because (oh joy) they had it on cones. I've only had to make one ball change and I am on row 185 of 200! It looks as though one is all I'll have to make for the whole huge triangle. I love that.
Margarita
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
Hi Margarita! I am glad that my selection sounds like it may work. I hate to substitute yarns, because I have had such bad luck with that recently. I am trying to purchase the yarn the patterns call for, but I have so much in my stash and my LYS has everything 50% off right now, so I couldn't pass it up.

I am using color 1130. It is a raspberry shade. It is not a color I would usually choose, but I am trying to stop buying the same shades over and over (black, lime, olive green, rust) and try something new. Your blue shade sounds beautiful. I am looking forward to Classic Elite's extended color, because the yarn really is nice.

I would love to get started, but I think I might wait until the KAL officially starts, because there will be some extended sizes for the cardigan and I think I may need the larger size. The bust measurements look too small for me and I would hate to knit this up and not have it fit. (Plus, I have about a million things I need to finish before I start something else...I have been really bad about completing things, lately)

J.
Go to Top of Page

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  1:00:59 PM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
I am quite new to the Forum and I don't really know what a knitalong is. I just looked at the slouchy sweater and I love it. I assume I have to order the book, "Greetings from the Knit Cafe" and what happens next?
Go to Top of Page

Knittin DLight
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  5:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knittin DLight's Homepage Send Knittin DLight a Private Message
Hi Donncoop! A knit along is a group of people who get together, knit the same project(s) and in this case post their progress on the knit along blog, http://slouchycardikal.blogspot.com/. If you are interested in joining, send an email to ddwms AT excite DOT com or post a comment on the blog. For an example of a knit along, check out the Green Gable KAL, http://ggknitalong.blogspot.com/.

Deena
My blog www.mohairdreams.typepad.com
My business www.knitcouture.com
Go to Top of Page

leenie2
New Pal

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  1:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit leenie2's Homepage Send leenie2 a Private Message
Deena! You have a pattern in the Knit Cafe book? Hey, you guys, did you know Deena had a pattern in the Knit Cafe book!?

(You probably all did, I'm always the last to know these things.)

Anyway, it's adorable!
Go to Top of Page

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  09:15:25 AM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
I am interested in joining the knit along but can not begin until mid august. I knit pretty quickly so I think I will be ok.I just received the book and am wondering if larger sizes are available. I need it in a 38- 40. I was going to try to increase the size myself but if it will be available that would be better. I was thing of knitting it in Noro Silk Garden. What do you think
donna
Go to Top of Page

ShannonM
Gabber Extraordinaire

352 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  09:56:50 AM  Show Profile Send ShannonM a Private Message
IAiaakaakoaqa

Shannon
my blog:
http://yarnandchocolate.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2006 :  04:25:32 AM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
Yes, anxiously awaiting the updated pattern sizes. I am looking forward to starting this KAL. By the way, I do think Silk Garden would be really nice. It has that drapey feel when it is knitted up. I think this pattern would work really well in a variety of different yarns, not just the alpaca. As long as there is a bit of drape to the yarn. How about a slouchy cardi in Touch Me? That would be nice!

J
Go to Top of Page

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  06:39:33 AM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
Anyword on the extended sizes. I saw someone dropped out because there weren't any. I'm willing to wait. I think the sweater will look great. I think yarns combining silk, cotton, or linen will work really well.
donna
Go to Top of Page

Knittin DLight
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  5:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knittin DLight's Homepage Send Knittin DLight a Private Message
The pattern adjustments are posted on the KAL site. The cardigan has been adjusted up to 48"/50" bust. Join us!!!

Deena
My blog www.mohairdreams.typepad.com
My business www.knitcouture.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth