Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 high school sweet heart
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NuttyKnitter101
Chatty Knitter

338 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  6:47:58 PM  Show Profile Send NuttyKnitter101 a Private Message
I think that love sweaters and high school sweet hearts belong in the same category. Love sweaters actually work for some people, and some people actually marrying their high school sweet heart. Anybody here it aplies to?

Not every Mary in the world has a lamb like mine

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  04:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
I married my high school sweet heart. We have been married for over 13 years and together for over 20.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  09:52:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
I married my high school/college sweetie (he was in HS, I was in college) 34 yrs. AFTER I met him. Still the same sweet guy and two years ago I made him a nice cable-yoke pullover sweater, which he wore with great pride. Note I said "wore". 3 years of wedded bliss (and home-cooked meals)have definitely agreed with him. [:00]

But that's OK, I'm working on several more sweaters for him.

He never fails to surprise me. I showed him the first sock I was knitting using Magic Loop, and he says, "How are you going to turn the heel?" You could have knocked me over with a feather!!

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  08:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
My husband really does show an interest in my knitting. He learns the terms and always knows what I'm working on. Of course, I pay attention to his hobbies so it all works out.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

margeaa
Chatty Knitter

USA
318 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  5:14:32 PM  Show Profile Send margeaa a Private Message
Okay. I'm really going to show my age here with this story. I didn't marry my high school sweetheart. But he recently found me through the internet and contacted me.....after 43 years! The reason I'm bringing this up here is that when I told my brother that my old boyfriend contacted me, my brother told me that he has the sweater I knit my high school sweetheart! I don't even remember knitting him one!! I asked my brother how he got it and he said that when we broke up, my boyfriend gave me the sweater back and my brother took it, and has kept it all these years. Of course, now I want to see the sweater. My brother said that it's very heavy and he only wears it when it snows. He said he got a lot of use out of it when he lived in Alaska!

Marge
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  6:04:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
College sweetheart...three sweaters throughout college. 26 years in June!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  1:26:54 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by margeaa

Okay. I'm really going to show my age here with this story. I didn't marry my high school sweetheart. But he recently found me through the internet and contacted me.....after 43 years! The reason I'm bringing this up here is that when I told my brother that my old boyfriend contacted me, my brother told me that he has the sweater I knit my high school sweetheart! I don't even remember knitting him one!! I asked my brother how he got it and he said that when we broke up, my boyfriend gave me the sweater back and my brother took it, and has kept it all these years. Of course, now I want to see the sweater. My brother said that it's very heavy and he only wears it when it snows. He said he got a lot of use out of it when he lived in Alaska!

Marge

That's a neat story, Marge! I'm glad your brother still uses the sweater all these years later.

chris (who never had a high school sweetheart)

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  6:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I've been married to my HS sweetheart for 41 years... and, the very first thing I ever knit was a sweater for him when I was 16 - no curse of the love sweater!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

megandlillysmom
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  5:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit megandlillysmom's Homepage  Send megandlillysmom a Yahoo! Message Send megandlillysmom a Private Message
I married my high school sweetheart and we have been married for 10 years and together for 14....I have not made him a sweater because of what everyone says about the curse! I don't really believe it of course but we live in Florida and rarely have a reason to wear a sweater anyway so no reason to tempt it.

Michelle:-)
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2006 :  9:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
I married the boy next door!! Not really, he lived about a block down the road. I've known him as long as I can remember. When we were really little, I was best friends with his sister, and was at their house everyday. I like to tease that he was a mean little boy, but he knows that I had a crush on him. He and my brother are really good friends. We've been together since before I was in the 12th grade!! 15 years!! I've only knitted him socks, and hats, and stuff like that.

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
Go to Top of Page

Hannah
Warming Up

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  09:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hannah's Homepage Send Hannah a Private Message
I married my high school sweet heart and hearing all your stories makes me happy :) So many people have said it never works out and we've only just celebrated our 1st anniversary (with many more to come). I haven't yet made him a sweater, but scarves and hats galore. I'm notorious for not finishing things, so he said he wants to see more projects completed before he gets his hopes up for a sweater ;)

So much yarn, so little time!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?