Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Groups Seeking Donated Materials and Knitted Items
 Dulaan project
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hbrwn
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  05:43:42 AM  Show Profile Send Hbrwn a Private Message
Imagine my surprise to learn that the Dulann project is alive and working in my "adopted" hometown, Flagstaff, AZ. The Flagstaff International Relief Effort (F.I.R.E.) about which someone wrote on this forum is in downtown Flagstaff, with a warehouse here in town as well.

I've lived in Flag for many years and had heard of the Mongolian effort, but never F.I.R.E. or Dulaan. I took two "Guideposts" sweaters and a lap robe in yesterday. I was pleased to be thanked sincerely for them. The due date for donations is Aug 1, with shipment for Mongolia to be soon after. Memo to self: Keep knitting!

I have rewritten the "Guideposts" sweater so I can knit it from the top down. I knit both sleeves at the same time, then join for the body and knit in the round. Quite quick and simple that way (a whole lot less seam to sew!)

Thanks, Knitter's Review, for alerting some of us to projects in our own "backyard!"

Harriet

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2594 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  06:22:34 AM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
Can you confirm the Aug 1 deadline? I thought I just read on the Dulaan website that it was July 1, although that is an old listing. Aug 1 would be sooo much better.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  06:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
If you don't make this deadline, there will almost definitely be another, since it's been going on for a year and a half or longer now.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  07:22:16 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
I am working on this project & I believe the date is July 1. It is a wonderful cause & I was very happy to find out about it seeing how I'm living in AZ now.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

metromaples
Seriously Hooked

USA
878 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  07:23:48 AM  Show Profile Send metromaples a Private Message
Will you share your re-written guideposts sweater pattern?

I have just finished a sweater for Dulaan and need to get it blocked and mailed.

Jeri
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1926 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  2:12:42 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
I have made several hats that I am about to mail to FIRE. Some of them are their Cloud Hat style. I am very impressed with their good work, and hope to make more hats for them next year.
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

Hbrwn
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  05:21:22 AM  Show Profile Send Hbrwn a Private Message
Sorry to be slow about replying. Have been away on vacation. The date IS July 1. (However, beings I live here in Flag and can drop off things, there is obviously no postal "lag" time for me.) I'm working on another sweater which I will deliver before July 1, so it will go for sure! Harriet
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe