Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 feather and fan instructions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Angharad Jones
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  2:31:08 PM  Show Profile Send Angharad Jones a Private Message
Hi all, I am knitting my first feather and fan in the round, using the pattern from A Gathering of Lace. The chart shows all odd rows, and every even row is knitted. I have reached row 51. The instruction say to "move marker right one stitch before beginning round". So, my question is, do I finish knitting row 50 and then move the marker back behind the needle, or do I leave the last stitch of row 50 un-knit and start row 51 early. Also, I have markers at the beginning of every repeat, or I'd have comitted suicide by now, so do I move all the markers over by one stitch?

I'm afraid to start this round without advice so I'll be very appreciative of any feedback.

Thanks!

Calamintha
Permanent Resident

USA
2886 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  3:05:56 PM  Show Profile Send Calamintha a Private Message
I haven't done that particular pattern but I have done a couple of other circular shawls that used this particular technique. The instructions of the shawls I did said to leave the last stitch on the row unknit. Then move the marker and proceed. You will need to do this for each section where there is a marker.
Go to Top of Page

Knit kitty
Permanent Resident

USA
1383 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  7:29:34 PM  Show Profile Send Knit kitty a Private Message
Yes, you will move all the markers on the row when you hit those lovely arrows. I finished this shawl not too long ago--trust the chart, it will work out. Just make sure your stitches line up over each other the way they should. I put markers between the center decreases since that was an easier place to check alignment. Be sure to check your size after about half the last chart--I left off at least 30 rows early and still have a shawl 6 feet across.

~Rebecca

"Nothing, why?"
Go to Top of Page

Angharad Jones
New Pal

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  9:59:43 PM  Show Profile Send Angharad Jones a Private Message
Thanks, it's working out-I appreciate the advice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe