Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Tool Talk
 Software
 Sweater Wizard or Garment Designer???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

knittingbuzz
Permanent Resident

USA
1122 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:31:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittingbuzz's Homepage Send knittingbuzz a Private Message
I'm interested in purchasing software. The ones I've seen are Sweater Wizard or Garment Designer. Does anyone have a preference of one program over the other? Likes/dislikes?

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  07:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
http://knittersreview.com/article_tool.asp?article=/review/product/041209_a.asp

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

reba
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  08:03:01 AM  Show Profile Send reba a Private Message
I've got Sweater Wizard and I love it! The author, Carole Wulster has a yahoo group and folks write in for help. It's a wonderful forum and you get lots of ideas on how to do exactly what you want. Either Carole answers your emails or another forum member does, it's a friendly and helpful place.

I've been able to make patterns for sweaters that fit me, exactly. This is especially helpful if you are not an "average" size or want to accomodate someone's large or small bust, large or small stomach, or large or small waist. For us shorties, it's wonderful to have sleeves that are just right and waists that fall where they should.

totally happy customer, no affiliation at all,
Reba
Go to Top of Page

belacane
Warming Up

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  3:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit belacane's Homepage Send belacane a Private Message
I love SW too. I bought it in 2001 and have used it for probably 80% of my projects and lots of ideas for other stuff, too (I'm a plus size girl and it's hard to find good patterns).

One of my crowning joys was designing aran patterns for a group of friends on another forum. Using SW and an approximate aran gauge of 1.5 times the stockinette gauge I got the stitch counts, and then spent a couple days looking up aran patterns and deciding how to combine them. It was fun and took the fear out of designing for me. I don't know Garment Designer, though.

D.

Donna
www.cashmerecat.com
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by