Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Six months left, how're you doing?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  06:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
With 6 months left until Christmas, I was wondering how everyone who's knitting gifts is doing?

I started back in January & my progress has been slow. I've been knitting (nearly every single day), but some things intervened. Baby blankets, DH gift, Secret Pal gifts, etc. I'm still hopeful, though.

How about you all?

Come see me at my blog:cozy's place

Knitting addict since November '03

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  06:25:46 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
Not.

I don't plan t knit as many presents as I did last year. DH has a big family, and I was sick of scarves by the time Nov. came around.

So this year will be only2 scarves and some hand warmers. And even then I just can't get excited even though I have the yarn and everything.

Good luck with yours!!

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

Sang
Chatty Knitter

196 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  06:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sang's Homepage  Send Sang a Yahoo! Message Send Sang a Private Message
Oh...God.....The topic made my stomach clutch.

I'm working on prezzie #1...sweater for dad...I hope I can finish it and one for mom.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4152 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:07:07 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Do good intentions count?

My plan is to make LOTS of the beaded votice candle holders from "Handknit Holidays". I have the wire, the beads, and even the votive holders (on sale last week at Michael's). Now I just need to knit them all!

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rainyrivergirl
Chatty Knitter

Canada
212 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:28:25 AM  Show Profile Send rainyrivergirl a Private Message
So far, four Irish Hiking Scarves, two Lady Eleanors and then I crashed to a halt. Currently working on a vest for my husband. Back to the scarves after that...I have a large family. Also I have half of a third Lady Eleanor on the go. Did I mention socks...only just began a pair...
Go to Top of Page

knitz2
Permanent Resident

USA
1800 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit knitz2's Homepage Send knitz2 a Private Message
well, I have lots of ideas and have even bought some of the yarn to do them. Does that count? Actually, when I started my current project, I did so with adult daughter in mind so I've at least started.
Go to Top of Page

AuntyNin
Seriously Hooked

USA
772 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  07:41:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit AuntyNin's Homepage Send AuntyNin a Private Message
Let's see here... the plan was to produce five knitted holiday gifts this year; two of them are done, one is on the needles. That's about half, so it looks like I'm mostly on track. Infinitely distractable, but mostly on track.

AuntyNin

Everything happens for a reason, except possibly football. --- Terry Pratchett

http://home.earthlink.net/~lradiga1/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  08:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Working on dishcloths as gifts this year. Only have 6 done. Working on them between projects.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Dejhia
Chatty Knitter

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dejhia's Homepage  Send Dejhia a Yahoo! Message Send Dejhia a Private Message
Well, I'm about 1/4 the way through my big gift project for Xmass. I started it only a few months ago, so I should be able to get it done in time. I just have to work a bit on it each day.

Of course, I've now though up many other gift ideas I want to do. I just don't know if I will be able to do those plus my big gift. Maybe I should start one or two ofthose gifts as I finish up other projects.

~ heather
www.dejhia.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

douknit2
Chatty Knitter

148 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  09:26:38 AM  Show Profile Send douknit2 a Private Message
Holiday knitting hadn't even occurred to my yet! I guess that's why I am still cranking Christmas Eve.
I think I will sit down with a pad and pen and start planning today. Maybe I can have a list made up to start working on July 1.
Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  2:43:18 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message
I'm still in the planning stages. I'll probably knit my dad a nice pair of socks and my mom a shawlette. I haven't decided what to make for my DH and DS. I'm thinking something simple and wearable, like a hat. My sisters will love anything I make them.

No one else will receive knits, I've learned long ago that not everyone appreciates handmade items.

Carrie

Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  4:31:50 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I have a few face cloths but need about 15-30 more. I really don't knit as much after the playoffs finish so I won't be knitting too much until October.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  8:01:37 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
Holiday knitting? Heavens, no! But I'm already on the second sleeve of an alpaca/linen cardigan for my mom's birthday in September. She'll probably get it in a week or so, way too early, as I'm impatient and like to give items to the recipients as soon as they're finished instead of waiting for the right occasion... Which will be just fine with Mom, as she has no patience, either!
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  8:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
Oh, h-e-double hockey sticks! Only 6 blinkin' months left? I'm not even started.

I think I'll just get 'em all raw sheep's wool and instructions. Let them learn how much work all those dang scarves, hats, and socks really are!

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  04:10:08 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
Oh, Wendy!! You're cracking me up! I LOVE the idea, expecially for those who have no idea....ROFL!

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  5:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
I've thought of a few things, but I like Wendy's idea even better!

Laura
Wait 1 more minute while I finish this row.
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  07:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message
I started a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to make gloves and mittens for everyone. So far I have one glove finished. But it's my first glove ever so I'm pretty proud of it. it took less time than I thought.

My sassy knitting blog is here: http://www.xanga.com/RubyPlaid

Visit my crafts website: http://www.geocities.com/hotelcrafty
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  09:33:59 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Over the fourth of July, my daughter-in-law (with son helping) picked out two possibilities for her, the Pink Mimosa top and the Lotus Blossom Tank from Summer 2006 Interweave Knits. I decided to go with the Lotus Blossom Tank in bamboo from kpixie.com, which has been shipped (quickly, by the way). I think it will be fun to make and pretty for her. She said "I can't wait for Christmas!"

RetroChicky, I have yet to make a glove. I'll have to try a pair someday.

WendyM, that's a good idea. I won't make anything for anybody anymore unless they really, really want it, and if they have to do it all themselves, they're going to have to want it badly. I'd be quite happy to let them do it.
Go to Top of Page

Momma78239
Permanent Resident

USA
4859 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  10:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Momma78239's Homepage  Send Momma78239 a Yahoo! Message Send Momma78239 a Private Message
That comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I really do like to give kits that I think the recipient will do. Like the cookies-in-a-jar kit, where you layer the dry ingredients in a big mason jar and attach instructions for them to add eggs and whatever, and tie a big bow on. They love it, and it's so easy that it's almost not work at all!

-WendyM[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/Momma78239/smallspindlepic.gif[/IMG]
And all the women that were wise hearted did spin with their hands, and brought that which they had spun, both of blue, and of purple, and of scarlet, and of fine linen. Exodus 35:25
Go to Top of Page

LisaM
Chatty Knitter

USA
128 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  11:49:40 AM  Show Profile Send LisaM a Private Message
I have two on the go--a lace shawl and the IK Blissful Jacket (Autumn 05 issue). Unfortunately (!) it turns out the jacket's recepient will be 8 months pregnant in December, so I might give it to her as soon as I finish so that she'll be able to wear it straight away.

There's a gorgeous pair of lacey gloves in the new Knitty that I would love to make for someone, but that might be a bit ambitious.

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

lford
Chatty Knitter

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  7:12:31 PM  Show Profile Send lford a Private Message
I have 2 hat/scarf sets complete. I have the yarn and patterns for all my Christmas gifts. I have promised myself I'd finish all WIP before starting anything new. By August 1 I should be ready to start on Christmas gifts again in earnest. I'm planning slippers and socks for adults. For nieces and nephews I am planning aphgans that fold into pillows -- they are so cute and will be great in their cars or on their beds. I'm cheating on the aphgans though since I plan to do them on the knitting machine. I am hoping to have these done by Dec. 1 so I can work on some extra, impulse things for my 2 grown daughters.

Linda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.