Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stoopswats
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  08:35:56 AM  Show Profile Send stoopswats a Private Message
My name is Susan. Live in Indianapolis, IN. Work full time in a hospital in a transplant program and I am currently finishing a masters. Once that is done I hope to make knitting my true hobby and stop being a dabbler. I may be the queen of unfinished sweaters, just can't make that committment. Believe is is a form of KADD, (Knitters Attention Deficeit Disorder) or the inability to commit, didn't get married until I was 42. At any rate you have been so helpful in the two questions I asked I decided to jump in a make myself known. I also am amazed at the number of you that are blogging and love to go to them and see what you are doing.

Susan

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  12:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Welcome to KR from Rhode Island. I started out as a dabbler too and now find it is my main hobby. I think reading even took second place to knitting now.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  1:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Susan.......so happy you're here. You are a busy lady! I hope you continue to find time to stop in and visit often. So, where have you stashed all those unfinished sweaters?

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  4:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
I love the term: KADD! I may have to use that in my life with all my UFOs.

Laura
Wait 1 more minute while I finish this row.
Go to Top of Page

mwyn
Permanent Resident

USA
1419 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  10:38:13 PM  Show Profile Send mwyn a Private Message
stoopswats "the inability to commit, didn't get married until I was 42."
Maybe you're just a late bloomer . That's what my momma always said about me......
Glad you've delurked, and welcome to the forum. You sound like a busy lady, hope to see you posting.
mwyn

One who works with his hands is a laborer. With hands & head; a craftsman. With hands, head & heart an artist. (Paraphrase St. Francis of Assissi)
Go to Top of Page

stoopswats
New Pal

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  11:33:00 AM  Show Profile Send stoopswats a Private Message
We have a house with two bedrooms down and one very long and narrow one up with a sitting room and a bath. The upstairs bedroom my husband believes is a guest room but actually it where projects unfinished, that will be finished and are yet to begun live in very nice cubes that i bought and set up with a sewing table and a machine that hasn't been on since we built this house three years ago. He just knows that the UPS guy and I are on a first name basis, its yarn and he has just given up. Once the masters is out of the way, and i have finished terms on two boards it is going me to be just me and what I want to do and that it knit. We built one for my mom next door and she is a longtime knitter but at 85 can't do it anymore but she can teach me anything and can explain anything over the phone when I call her from out of town and am stuck, which is often.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

DaisyinNM
Chatty Knitter

USA
224 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  6:30:25 PM  Show Profile Send DaisyinNM a Private Message
Welcome Susan. I was interested to read in your intro that you work in a transplant program. What is it that you do? I am especially interested because my husband just had his second liver transplant two monts age. We are temporarily here in Loma Linda, CA while he continues to recover. All went well, but he was very sick before the surgery and it will be a long recovery for him (and me!) We can hardly wait to get home to Albuquerque and our baby Henry (an English bulldog who just turned 2). While he was in the hospital, and now that he is out but we are here and I am not at my job, I have had lots of time to knit. I've taught myself all kinds of things and have knit lots of stuff to give away to the children's hospital here, to nurses, etc. I have a great deal of respect for you and all the dedicated professionals in the transplant field; my husband has received wonderful care. Glad to have you with us!
Margarita
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:36:44 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Susan,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

My you are a busy lady arn't you?

I have been knitting for over 40 years and have all the time in the world, but I still leave things unfinished all the time. The only thing I can seem to finish these days is socks, now that I know how to make them.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.

Go to Top of Page

Beverly the Bronx Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  10:14:42 AM  Show Profile Send Beverly the Bronx Girl a Private Message
Hi Susan, Welcome to the Forum. You will enjoy meeting friends from all over the world. My Nugget for Today-Better to have started and not finished than not to have started at all. Blessings, Beverly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe