Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 New Lurker
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MotherTiger
New Pal

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  09:53:31 AM  Show Profile Send MotherTiger a Private Message
Hi,

I found this site and it looks like a good place to be. I've been knitting and crocheting since I was kneehigh to a grasshopper. I've dabbled in designing my own baby blankets. But mostly I love to crochet doilies and knit lacy projects. A plain stocknitte sweater is almost too much to take. I did manage a camaflauged sweater for dh. It only took two years and a baby to get it done.

I'll be lurking mostly 'cause I don't have a lot of computer time. But I'll like a good forum for assistance or ideas when I need it. I live in Topeka, Kansas so if there are any knitting groups in town I'd be interested in finding out about them. Sorry to the individual who posted in Lawrence. Our van is constantly breaking down and I can't seem to get out of town much. But I jus LOVE the Yarn Barn!

I work outside the home full time, I'm a memeber of the Air National Guard, and I have 10 children. Yes you read it right - 10! Only five are still at home. But we celebrated the twins birthday Friday. Mike and Elijah were born only 19 years apart! I felt like I was pregnant forever! [crazy] We have 5 grandchildren, so my life is pretty busy. I'm learning how to use the drop spindle, and my next projet, I hope, will be a very full-skirted knitted dress from Interweave Knits.

Better go - someones calling me.

MotherTiger

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  1:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Welcome to KR. I can't suggest any knitting groups in your area because I am across the country in RI. I can see why with your busy schedule and family that your computer time is limited.

You will find lots of help and inspiration from the great people here. Post anytime you feel like it.

I just started with a spindle a couple of weeks ago and love it. There is a whole spinning section for you to check out if you have not found it yet. Also a lace section.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  2:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Ten children......oh my. I can't even imagine the number of shoes by your door.

I hope you can come back soon....it's good to meet new friends.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  6:23:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
I'm so glad you get some time to check KR out. It's fun to read, when possible.

Laura
Wait 1 more minute while I finish this row.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:40:11 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Maggie,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Ten children how wonderful and grandchildren, you must have been a child bride.

What a busy life you lead and you manage to knit and crochet lacy things. I've never been able to do lace work in all my 40+ years of knitting.

Hope you have fun here and make many new friends.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  05:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Welcome. I grew up in a large family(I only have 1 brother). My dad is the oldest of 11 and I have an Aunt that is 3 years older than me and a uncle that is 7 years younger than me. Growing up with my Aunts was like having sisters and it was such fun. My dad reminds me that 10 brothers and sisters is why they only had 2 kids.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.