Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Introduce yourself!
 Hello from NEPA
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

epbfd
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  3:37:45 PM  Show Profile Send epbfd a Private Message
Hello - I'm a knitter from Northeast Pennsylvania, not originally from here, but we've lived in this location for 5 years now. When my son was in college, I noticed that his roommate knit a college themed scarf for his girlfriend, and I thought to myself, "I want to knit a scarf too!" So, I retaught myself how to knit after many years away from yarn and needles. Since then, I've learned to cable and felt, and I've made numerous scarves, dishclothes, hats, and now shawls. I want to make my first adult-sized sweater soon. Any suggestions?
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was a child, and I remember making a nose-warmer that I just loved! When the boys were babies, I made them booties and sweaters. But as they were growing, I became interested in other things and felt I didn't have time to make things anymore. Now that I'm in my 50th year, I'm glad to be getting back to all sorts of creative activities again, including my newfound passion for knitting.
I look forward to meeting the community of knitters on this forum!
Eileen

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
Welcome Eileen! Afraid I'm not much help in the sweater department, having never done one. However, there are lots of folk here whom I am sure can help you.

--Susan T-O in Long Beach cA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  6:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
Welcome, Eileen. How many boys do you have? I have 4 of my own & a step-son.

Laura
Wait 1 more minute while I finish this row.
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2006 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi Eileen,

Welcome to Knitters Review Forums and so glad you could join our knitting community.

Hope you have fun and make many new friends here.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

Old Knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
790 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  05:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Old Knitter's Homepage Send Old Knitter a Private Message
Hi Eileen. I'm happy your return to knitting has brought you to us. I hope you'll come often and chat alot.

www.knittinghaven.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  05:07:29 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Eileen, Welcome. Glad you found us.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by