Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 YES! First gift is ON THE NEEDLES!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  11:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Started my first Christmas knitting gift yesterday -- a pair of socks for DD in Trekking XXL. Now for the long drum roll until the subject line changes to "YES! First gift is OFF the needles!!!"

-- susi

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  05:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
WTG

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

PuppyMomma
Chatty Knitter

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  2:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit PuppyMomma's Homepage Send PuppyMomma a Private Message
Ahhh! I'm still working on presents from last year!

www.funkyjewtopia.com

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  4:59:58 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
Nobody likes an overachiever. Just kidding.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

beh2g
Chatty Knitter

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  1:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit beh2g's Homepage Send beh2g a Private Message
I finished two shawls for my tiny grandmother (one a springy lilac, and one a festive cranberry!) I've tucked them away in my "gift box". This year I am scaling back, since I knit too much and didn't get anything done last year. I'm knitting my mom a pair of socks (actually two, her birthday's next month and I've lost the second sock, half-fnished!) and my dad a hat and maybe some socks too. He has short, wide feet. [whatever]

No idea about anyone else. I will probably give prints I've made or drawings. They take less time, heh heh.

2006 stats: 10 FO, 4 WIP, 1 UFO
Go to Top of Page

PBELKNAP
Permanent Resident

USA
1133 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  10:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit PBELKNAP's Homepage Send PBELKNAP a Private Message
I'm thinking of knitting a friend a sweater for Christmas, but I'm going to have to enlist the help of the girlfriend...I'm going to have her measure an existing sweater, so that I'll have the size right. <g>

PAM
Go to Top of Page

beadsnyarn
Chatty Knitter

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  7:06:55 PM  Show Profile Send beadsnyarn a Private Message
Good for you Susi! I've done the same thing. Cast on for the flower basket shawl from Fall 2004 IK last night. It's a gift for my sister-in-law. I'm loving it, so I think it'll be off the needles quickly! Once that's done...well, I don't want to count how many more things I'm going to make.

Have fun with your Christmas knitting!
Beverly
Go to Top of Page

Chemcats
Permanent Resident

3337 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  04:25:03 AM  Show Profile Send Chemcats a Private Message
Only 3 are planned this year. And I just can't get excited about casting on.....yet. DH is hinting that I should knit everyone socks, yeh right. 2 MILs, 2 FILs, 2 SILs, 3 BILs and I won't get into the nieces and nephews.

I handed him the needles and yarn when he said that!

Meribeth
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I'm making the Shepherd's Purse from the Summer "Spin-Off" for most of the females on my gift list. I have two off the needles, although I still need to sew the linings for both, and seam the sides of one. It's a start, though.

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

mrspeel
Warming Up

50 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  07:58:51 AM  Show Profile Send mrspeel a Private Message
I'm on my second pair of socks for gifts - one for DD and another for DDIL. I do plan to do a pair for DS and SIL I'd like to do alot more, but I know I won't get everything done. I also sew and x-stitch so I have a million projects going in my mind at one time. I picked up a pattern for golf club covers for DH so hopefully I can get those done in his f'ball team colors. I really could just close myself in my sewing room for a few months to work on everything, but unfortunately the maid and chef (yeah, right) haven't been around to help out in a while.[:00]
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  11:46:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
I have started my first sweater in class and am making it for my DD. I conned her into picking the yarn out for me...hehehehheeee!
Is is too risky making a FIRST sweater for a gift? Or do I hope for the best and pick up a store bought one....just in case?
http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  3:43:24 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
I'm telling you -- you are very annoying people. How can you possibly enjoy the fullness of the Christmas season when you start it so early? Good grief, they haven't even started selling the Halloween decorations yet. Have you no respect for the sacredness of the holiday season? I, for one, refuse to diminish the holidays in this outrageous manner. I have standards, after all.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
456 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  10:25:06 AM  Show Profile Send Heather a Private Message
Yeah, that's it... That's why I haven't started any Christmas projects!! ;)

An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.
-G.K. Chesterton
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  7:28:57 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
Stick with me, Heather. We'll shame these heathens into acting properly and respectfully toward the sacred holidays.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

knitloon
Gabber Extraordinaire

524 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  05:44:11 AM  Show Profile Send knitloon a Private Message
I think I'm giving socks to many people this year. I seem to be on a roll...working on my third pair this summer.

View my projects at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knitloon/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.