Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 dishcloths are fun
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

BTabbert
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  5:51:08 PM  Show Profile Send BTabbert a Private Message
I'm having a ball knitting dishcloths out of Peaches and Cream in all sorts of colors, all sorts of combinations, all kinds of patterns and textures. The lucky recepient will be my niece who is getting married in October. At a shower for her in July, I intend to present my bounty of dishcloths along with other supplies for hand washing her grandmother's china which will be her wedding present.

It's easy, fun, and a great way to try out new patterns. I recommend it.

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  6:27:27 PM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
I enjoy knitting dishcloths myself, they are so quick when I don't feel like having my mind occupied..

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakota’s Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Dakota122503
Warming Up

98 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  6:27:27 PM  Show Profile Send Dakota122503 a Private Message
I enjoy knitting dishcloths myself, they are so quick when I don't feel like having my mind occupied..

~Carolyn
Wife to Brandon 7/8/00 Mommy to Mathias 11/12/05
Dakota’s Natural Knits Tickle Turdle Wool Wraps, knitted toys, hats, and more!
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
We have been discussing this on Random Knitting...stuff, come join us.
Chayah
Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2006 :  10:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Right now I am working on a dragonfly pattern wash cloth for a friend who loves dragonflies. I find them fun to knit.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa
View my blog @ http://misshelaineous.blogspot.com/
Women who behave rarely make history
Go to Top of Page

2trees
Seriously Hooked

749 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  10:03:28 AM  Show Profile Send 2trees a Private Message
Dishcloths are lots of fun. :) And can be used immediately.

"Knitting lace has the highest entertainment value." - Yarn Harlot
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  1:25:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
In case you didn't look at this thread: http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58597, there are a some great pattern sites listed. And some good tips, too!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

kimmiebear
Gabber Extraordinaire

359 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  3:50:10 PM  Show Profile Send kimmiebear a Private Message
I love knitting dishclothes. Along with socks, they are perfect knitting projects.
Kim
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  5:33:58 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
I enjoy knitting dish clothes too. I go between Peaches and Cream and a cool cotton imported from Greece. (no I do not mix the two together in one project)

I bought a perpetual calander with 365knitting stitches a year.

It is a good thing I do not use it as a calander per say. As of now I have done dishclothes with patterns in April, Feburary, August and May. Have not attempted one from July..I keep track of which patterns have been successful completed for a swatch or dishcloth.

In the length of time it takes me to do three dishclothes I might have a tank top half done.

scraffan aka Karen
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  8:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Have you seen this dishcloth KAL? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monthlydishcloths/

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
www.janevdoviak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  10:41:49 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Thank you, Jane, I just joined. I have been making cloths lately and want to learn some new patterns.
Warmly, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  11:41:41 AM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
Thank you Janey.
My membership is pending for the group too
Another knitting group to belong to.
Just what I need ;)
scraffan
Go to Top of Page

Cecioboe
Seriously Hooked

USA
824 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  8:24:01 PM  Show Profile Send Cecioboe a Private Message
I like them too. Especially round ones!

What needles do you like for the cotton? I don't want to take my good Lantern Moons and I am trying to decide which to take with me on vacation.....

Ceci

Aw, gee, c'mon and see: http://knittinreed.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  09:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
I hope you enjoy the dishcloth KAL Scraffan and Chayah. The July KAL started yesterday, but if you missed the first day, you can still get it. It's fun to try to guess what it will be. I have Day#1 and Day#2 finished - I knit while waiting for my slow dial-up to load :) The suggested color for this one was light blue - so I'm thinking it's a water theme. I usually use #7 Takumi wooden needles for mine Ceci - but since I had another project on both those and my #7 circs, I put some point protectors on a pair of #7 dpns and I'm using them...whatever works!

Jane
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  09:45:55 AM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
hi, Jane,
The dishcloth KAL group seems very nice. I couldn't find the instructions for the very first day, but after searching I located them and hope to start tonight. Mine will be yellow, whatever it is! And thank you for the tip about making needles out of dpns--I can definitely use that.
Thanks again, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2006 :  6:55:23 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
If your going on vacation plastic needles. The needles come in some really different of colors so they stand out. Easy to spot in the sand verses babboo tthat would blend in.

Usually I like Bamboo needles though..

It depends on location and color of yarn for me though..

scraffan
Go to Top of Page

MJB
Chatty Knitter

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  05:42:43 AM  Show Profile Send MJB a Private Message
HI Jane,

Thanks also for the dishrag kal. I joined! After knitting the dishrag in Mason-Dixon Knitting I am addicted to hand knit rags, mats, towels, curtans! I want to do it all!
So I'll start with dishrags!

mjb
Go to Top of Page

Knit Yall
Warming Up

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  04:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knit Yall's Homepage Send Knit Yall a Private Message
Just finished my second Mason Dixon dishcloth last night. I love them! I use cloth dishcloths all the time still have a couple my aunt made me about 20 years ago...

Knit Ya'll and have a ball... jane
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  08:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
So glad that you are all enjoying the monthly dishcloth KAL! I'm on Day #4 and it's becoming pretty obvious what the pattern is - but I won't spoil it for you in case you are not that far.
I know what you mean MJB - I have tons of wool and other yarns in my stash, but I've been mostly knitting with cotton this summer. Right now I'm making placemats - the pattern calls for Lionbrand cotton, but I'm using Sugar n' Cream. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kkc-brightPlacemats.html

Jane
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  4:33:50 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
I have to print out the Kal from the dishcloth group and do it.
I had two emergency dishclothes to do before doing anything for me!
I had bought red white and blue cotton with the intentions of doing the stars pattern but that never came to be!
Instead I used the red for the fireman hamlet and axe. The blue was used for a sailboat.
The remaining blue will be used for the kal.
scraffan
Go to Top of Page

janev
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  5:59:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit janev's Homepage Send janev a Private Message
Where did you get the fireman helmet and ax and sailboat patterns? Wait until you do the July KAL - it's really neat and a surprise - at least it was for me.

Jane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.