Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 dishcloths are fun
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  07:25:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I have been enjoying the dishcloths, too. I was using one of my sock bags but found that it was a tiny bit too small - esp if I was doing a two color dishcloth. So, yesterday, I made a "dishcloth bag". I'll be posting pics on my blog later today. I even stuck in a pocket on the inside to hold an 8" x 11" piece of paper folded in quarters with the pattern on it!

trek's blog FO: 31, WIP: 6
"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
I have been hooked on knitting dishcloths too. So far my favorite one to knit is the Mason Dixon ballband. Once I start knitting those the pattern is easy to memorize and so I can knit them fairly quickly. Although, the last one that I did I ended up reversing the rows for the last band row.

I did get my daughter hooked on them though. She's 13 and is the head dishwasher in the family. I gave her the one MD ballband that I just completed and she's hooked on using it. She says that it worked so much better than the other one. Now, let's see if the rest of the family will become converts. She also loved the pattern and the colors that I chose.

I have some nice Italian cotton that I am planning on stitching up next that is just screaming at me for this one particular pattern.

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:06:05 AM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
I have been hooked on knitting dishcloths too. So far my favorite one to knit is the Mason Dixon ballband. Once I start knitting those the pattern is easy to memorize and so I can knit them fairly quickly. Although, the last one that I did I ended up reversing the rows for the last band row.

I did get my daughter hooked on them though. She's 13 and is the head dishwasher in the family. I gave her the one MD ballband that I just completed and she's hooked on using it. She says that it worked so much better than the other one. Now, let's see if the rest of the family will become converts. She also loved the pattern and the colors that I chose.

I have some nice Italian cotton that I am planning on stitching up next that is just screaming at me for this one particular pattern.

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Ana, Have you seen the blog the Mason-Dixon KAL. Someone use the ballband dishcloth and enlarged it for a rug.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  09:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Ana, Have you seen the blog the Mason-Dixon KAL. Someone use the ballband dishcloth and enlarged it for a rug.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
Wanda- I saw that. I thought that looked awesome and am thinking about doing one also. I have that site bookmarked it is awesome. Someone a little while back also posted a picture of some handtowels worked using the ball band pattern.

Just a thought, I have got a few years before she will be getting married I am beginning to see a ton of ballbands in that young ladies future.

One of my future goals for her, teach her how to knit!

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

wizzer11
Chatty Knitter

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Send wizzer11 a Yahoo! Message Send wizzer11 a Private Message
Wanda- I saw that. I thought that looked awesome and am thinking about doing one also. I have that site bookmarked it is awesome. Someone a little while back also posted a picture of some handtowels worked using the ball band pattern.

Just a thought, I have got a few years before she will be getting married I am beginning to see a ton of ballbands in that young ladies future.

One of my future goals for her, teach her how to knit!

~Ana
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gwtreece

Wanda

I got lost on your blog and found the quiz...I'm a Knitting Guru too. Too much knitting not enough time!!

Happy knitting.
Kristin

"Why is it that dogs get mad when you blow in their faces, but love to ride with their heads out of the window?"
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  7:00:29 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
quote:

Wanda

I got lost on your blog and found the quiz...I'm a Knitting Guru too. Too much knitting not enough time!!

Happy knitting.
Kristin

"Why is it that dogs get mad when you blow in their faces, but love to ride with their heads out of the window?"
Go to Top of Page

origami
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  5:25:32 PM  Show Profile Send origami a Private Message
Someone else turned it into a purse. It's amazing how much creativity the Mason Dixon books have sparked!

quote:

Wanda
My Blog

Go to Top of Page

origami
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  5:25:32 PM  Show Profile Send origami a Private Message
Someone else turned it into a purse. It's amazing how much creativity the Mason Dixon books have sparked!

quote:

Wanda
My Blog

Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  5:09:50 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
Hi Everyone,
I think I came to the right area to get an answer. I am looking for a pattern for a flamingo dishcloth.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find one?
Thanks
scraffan
Go to Top of Page

scraffan
Permanent Resident

1844 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  5:09:50 PM  Show Profile Send scraffan a Private Message
Hi Everyone,
I think I came to the right area to get an answer. I am looking for a pattern for a flamingo dishcloth.
Does anyone have an idea where I can find one?
Thanks
scraffan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by