Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Lace Forum
 From square to triangle
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  5:49:28 PM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I was just drooling over Eunny's incredible rendition of the Frost Flowers and Leaves shawl from GOL. I was wondering how to convert such a design from a square to a triangle. It seems like it shouldn't be hard.

This shawl has paired leaves outlining the usual "X" of yarnovers that you usually see. I'm thinking the triangle would have a line of single leaves along the neck edge and paired leaves down the center back.

Does anyone have advice on how to modify the pattern? Eunny's rendition is so beautiful it hurts.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  5:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
The pattern is written in the round, from the center, if I recall correctly.

You could start at the center and knit flat, and not do all the repeats. It's charted, so knitting flat vs round wouldn't be a nightmare. You could then put the final edging all the way around the triangle, instead of just the wide end.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?