Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Inquiry - October Birthday Swap?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

comfybev
Chatty Knitter

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit comfybev's Homepage  Send comfybev a Yahoo! Message Send comfybev a Private Message
I've been aware of some other birthday swaps out there, the August one comes to mind right away. This makes me feel both jealous and left out of the fun because I have a great birthday month - October, however I've not found an October swap thus necessitating this inquiry.

1. Does anyone know of an October birthday swap?
2. Could you send me the link so I could participate.
3. If not, do you think I should start one? I mean ... how hard could it be, really? :)
4. If I did start one I would need to drum up some participants. Not too many, but a few to make it worth doing. The blogiversary contest I had earlier this year didn't end up with very many entries, leading me to think that I might need some help getting the word out to people. Is there anyone here at KR who might be interested in participating?

Okay, that's it. Let me know what you all think. Fun for all with a birthday swap.

Take care, Bev
2006 FO Count: 11
http://bwdiaz.blogs.com/comfybev/
OTN: Candle Flame shawl & socks for Secret Pal 8

Stephknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  3:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Stephknits's Homepage Send Stephknits a Private Message
I don't know of one but I'd be interested in participating. I have one of those hideous birthdays that ends in a zero on October 16. this might help dull the pain
Go to Top of Page

fiberflower
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  08:27:42 AM  Show Profile Send fiberflower a Private Message
My birthday is October 19 and I would absolutely love to be involved in a bithday swap! How Fun!
Go to Top of Page

mlo2
Warming Up

68 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  11:35:01 AM  Show Profile Send mlo2 a Private Message
I'm interested, but I don't have a blog. Would that be a requirement?
Go to Top of Page

fiberflower
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  11:50:58 AM  Show Profile Send fiberflower a Private Message
If it would help us get started on our October birthday swap, I now have a brand new blog. TheKnittingSubstitute.blogspot.com How do we go about this?
Go to Top of Page

spindledreams
Warming Up

87 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  1:38:10 PM  Show Profile Send spindledreams a Private Message
sounds good to me what are we going to swap?

dorothy from windy wyoming
They say that when the wind reaches 75 mph in the south they give it a name and call it a Hurricane. When it reaches 75 mph here we call it a mite windy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe