Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitalongs
 Afghanalong??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  10:49:11 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
I'm not quite sure that is the terminology- but in picking up and reading, MASON DIXON KNITTING,[what a fabulous, fun, cover-to-cover read]; I became intrigued by the Afghan project. The book is not at my elbow to check the correct term. And I do have a terminal case of "CRS"![:00]

I'm still mulling over what project we should do for our 2nd retreat in Santa Barbara.

It hit me that with some preliminary homework, that this could be a fun project. All could pre-knit the squares and we could assemble during the retreat-maybe even 2 afghans. I ran the idea to a couple of attendees for their opinions, and they were real excited about the project.

We would also offer an alternative Dishcloth/facecloth project for those that wanted to learn some stitch tecniques.

Have any of you done this as a group? Were there any problems pulling it off? Are there any hints that you have towards sucess??

I would love any ideas. KL

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  8:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
We did a Warm Up America afghan and it's <sort of> the same idea. Anyway, it sounds like fun!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe