Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Berroco Fall Preview
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  3:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Wow! It's a good thing I'll be through the NNYFAM thing when autumn arrives! I really want to try some of these newbies from Berroco for fall -- like Medley, Pleasure and Softwist bulky...Such colours, such good looks! It's as if you can feel them through the computer screen!

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
I just got the Berroco color charts book in the mail recently and it even has the samples of the new fall yarns! We are looking at carrying them in the Knitting Cafe once we have it going .. . . I'm going to have to try some of these yarns soon just to try them . . .one more excuse to increase my stash!

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm

visit my blog @ http://martheme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  06:21:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
I just got the Berroco color charts book in the mail recently and it even has the samples of the new fall yarns! We are looking at carrying them in the Knitting Cafe once we have it going .. . . I'm going to have to try some of these yarns soon just to try them . . .one more excuse to increase my stash!

Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Go to Top of Page

knitv
New Pal

3 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  07:18:37 AM  Show Profile Send knitv a Private Message
Thanks alot Knitter's Review AND Berroco for ruining my resolve to not buy any more yarn!(LOL) These yarns can't come out fast enough for me...I really can't wait! I think I want Medley in every color it comes in! Any idea when they will be on the shelves?
Go to Top of Page

knitv
New Pal

3 Posts

Thanks alot Knitter's Review AND Berroco for ruining my resolve to not buy any more yarn!(LOL) These yarns can't come out fast enough for me...I really can't wait! I think I want Medley in every color it comes in! Any idea when they will be on the shelves?
Go to Top of Page

knitv
New Pal

3 Posts

Go to Top of Page

Cookiepuss
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  11:08:18 AM  Show Profile Send Cookiepuss a Private Message
FYI: I found out after ordering Merino Frappe for a project that it is exactly like a discontinued Filatura Di Crosa yarn, Ultralight, that I used to make a sweater from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2000 (pattern #9). Contrary to the reviewer, it actually was beautiful in the feather and fan pattern of the sweater, but unfortunately the sizing was off (too small) and I haven't gotten up the gumption to re-knit it.

Go to Top of Page

Cookiepuss
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  11:08:18 AM  Show Profile Send Cookiepuss a Private Message
FYI: I found out after ordering Merino Frappe for a project that it is exactly like a discontinued Filatura Di Crosa yarn, Ultralight, that I used to make a sweater from Vogue Knitting, Fall 2000 (pattern #9). Contrary to the reviewer, it actually was beautiful in the feather and fan pattern of the sweater, but unfortunately the sizing was off (too small) and I haven't gotten up the gumption to re-knit it.

Go to Top of Page

Cookiepuss
New Pal

1 Posts

Go to Top of Page

chartreuxmom
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  4:13:03 PM  Show Profile Send chartreuxmom a Private Message
Hello. Someone below asked if then new Berroco yarns are in the stores yet. I did see at least the Quest at Yarn Heaven in Arlington, TX. It's a beautiful yarn in a picture but it's even more amazing to touch. It's extremely soft and very unusual. It would be great to make sweaters or shells out of.

Go to Top of Page

chartreuxmom
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  4:13:03 PM  Show Profile Send chartreuxmom a Private Message
Hello. Someone below asked if then new Berroco yarns are in the stores yet. I did see at least the Quest at Yarn Heaven in Arlington, TX. It's a beautiful yarn in a picture but it's even more amazing to touch. It's extremely soft and very unusual. It would be great to make sweaters or shells out of.

Go to Top of Page

chartreuxmom
New Pal

1 Posts

Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  6:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
Cookiepuss what do you think of the merino frappe? I'm thinking of ordering some. Oh yeah.. what size needles are you using?

Thanks,
Amber

A friend will help you move..
A really good friend will help you move a body.
Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  6:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit amber's Homepage Send amber a Private Message
Cookiepuss what do you think of the merino frappe? I'm thinking of ordering some. Oh yeah.. what size needles are you using?

Thanks,
Amber

Go to Top of Page

amber
Seriously Hooked

USA
758 Posts

Thanks,
Amber

Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  06:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
The yarns were beautiful and so were the new patterns that showcase them. I'm glad you can't see me drooling! I don't think I can cut it in the NNYFAM, I'm giving it a try but when I get these emails from Berroco, KR and such... yikes I get too excited.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  06:01:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Licensed2Cook a Yahoo! Message Send Licensed2Cook a Private Message
The yarns were beautiful and so were the new patterns that showcase them. I'm glad you can't see me drooling! I don't think I can cut it in the NNYFAM, I'm giving it a try but when I get these emails from Berroco, KR and such... yikes I get too excited.

Dee
Go to Top of Page

Licensed2Cook
Permanent Resident

USA
3554 Posts

Dee
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?