Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Needles and Security
 Needles OK, but pencils?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nara
Warming Up

55 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  09:22:48 AM  Show Profile Send nara a Private Message
Or at least I'm afraid that's what the FAA reaction will be after this horrific story!

nara
www.allofapiece.com

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  09:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
I think that's the least we should be worrying about - I'm sure we have one or two members in India - here's hoping that they and their loved ones are safe.

Jane

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  10:02:23 AM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Jane: I think you are right. Like you, I too hope they and their families are ok. Hope we hear soon. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

nara
Warming Up

55 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:14:07 PM  Show Profile Send nara a Private Message
I apologize for being flippant - the heart-rending horrors keep coming, and I feel as if there is nothing we can do but pray.

nara
www.allofapiece.com
Go to Top of Page

BLN3320
Permanent Resident

USA
3808 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  6:15:15 PM  Show Profile Send BLN3320 a Private Message
Hi, Nara: Didn't think you were flippant at all. You just stated the facts. As a person on the no fly list I can well understand what you are saying. To be honest when leaving Rapid City, SD a month or so ago they supply people who use canes with a cane they have while going through the metal detector and the person's cane is being checked and actually have seats for people who are somewhat infirmed to sit on to put on their shoes. Also the TSA agents there carry the baskets to a table for people who are infirmed. It was rather a breath of fresh air. Polite TSA agents! Talk about flippant. Can't get worse than that. Take care. Beverley

Bev
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  05:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Nara, Your weren't flippant at all. I do hope that that people are safe all over the world, but the world we live in is dangerous. You have brought up an excellent question regarding the FAA. The way these bombers figure out how put to bombs and timers into smaller and smaller devices is very very scary.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

probablyjane
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1227 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  06:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit probablyjane's Homepage Send probablyjane a Private Message
Looks like I may be in a minority of one here but - twas ever thus... Nara, I didn't think you were being flippant. I just felt that we, as a group, would perhaps have responded to this event very differently if it had happened in the US or UK.

I accept that I may be being extra sensitive as it happened so close to the anniversary of the bombing of the London tube which I use every day and also that I live in a borough with a very large Indian population. This morning I sat amongst a group of elderly Indian ladies who, whilst they didn't have much English spoke the langauge of knitting so my sock in progress was much admired and clucked over.

As ever - back to the knitting...

Jane

'I am the milkman of human kindness - I will leave an extra pint' Billy Bragg
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/janelithgow/album
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  09:35:35 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Not to minimise the tragedy but I have yet to hear any reputable news source mention anything about pencil timers. The only one is CNN.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.