Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Men's Sweaters
 Looking for a simple pullover pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Blue Turtle
New Pal

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  6:13:05 PM  Show Profile Send Blue Turtle a Private Message
I am trying to make my second (ever) sweater but I am having trouble with the pattern (have asked the author and still can't get it right) So I am looking for a simple pullover and or raglin pattern hopefully with ribbing and possibly a zipper at the neck. I LOVE the yarn I have ( Rowan Yorkshire Tweed Aran) and would like to use it with a new pattern. Can anyone help? I'm about ready to pull out my hair[:((] and go back to socks!
Thanks in advance!!

Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars (with a cool pair of socks!)

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3465 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2006 :  7:48:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Hi Blue Turtle,

I personally like the patterns from Knitting Pure and Simple. The instructions are well-written and a lot of the sweaters are knitted in the round so no seaming is required (you have to trust the instructions if you're not used to it!)
Here are the patterns for men, the one at the bottom has a zipper and raglan sleeves:
http://knittingpureandsimple.com/Men.html

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

yarnspeaktome
Chatty Knitter

USA
285 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2006 :  9:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnspeaktome a Yahoo! Message Send yarnspeaktome a Private Message
I have to agree about the men's Knitting Pure and Simple patterns. I am currently knitting three sweaters as Fall gifts for my friends. They like simple cozy sweaters without fancy cables or intarsia/aran patterns. Follow the instructions carefully; the will make sense once you start working them thru.

Elsie W
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?