Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Designers Forum
 NEW Photos up-- Florence's Knitwear Fashion Fair
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2006 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
Anyone keen to discuss construction for a moment? If you check out the pictures from Pitti Fillati on my site, you'll see examples of some interesting designs highlighted by Italy's biggest yarn manufacturers. One of the most unique trends I see arising here this season is this mix of uncontructed texture, like a multitude of cables across an otherwise loose and flowing cape or wrap. I love that, personally. It's a contrast of approaches that's kind of exciting and the designs take imagination but are not impossible to construct. What do you think?

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php
Jane

stashfiend
New Pal

United Kingdom
35 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  11:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit stashfiend's Homepage Send stashfiend a Private Message
So far I love that coat as it has a 1920's look to it .It also is a little "Fortuny" maybe which means knitting tabards maybe held together with beads .The new colinette silk in a colouway like "Raphael" would look gorgeous.I saw a gorgeous hair-pin lace skirt somewhere .The possibility of I-Cord appliqued onto garments rather than cables appeals to me because I am hopeless with cable needles. A slightly Celtic look is in my mind .
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I've not decided so far. I think they'd be great fun to make but I don't know if I would wear them. I might, though. Hmmmmm.

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  6:38:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
I've just posted a few more. Most of these styles are fantastic in the true definition of the word. This new crop are truly extreme but lovely none the less.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  7:30:30 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Count me out. I think those garments look like mutated afghans. They all look so chunky and bulky.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  03:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
Mokey, 'chunky and bulky' seems to be the way the fashionistas are going, isn't it? but then, most of the models are excessively slender. The runway fashions show models heaped with what looks like multiple layers of carpets and curtains wearing a Aran sweater overall. What normal-sized person could wear that???
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe