Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Designers Forum
 New mother of TWINS?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  04:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
OK...I sketched and started swatching this weekend. I'm using some Korean tiles/palace things for inspiration. I'm thinking of a hanbok-inspired cardigan done in the bright red yarn. Thanks for the ideas, folks.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Only you can decide how tongue in cheek I am.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  08:42:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I washed the swatch and got it to shrink (amazing! No real drier!) by more than 15%. Boy, oh boy did the yarn bleed! And it got all kinds of little bubbles all over it. It was actually a bit pretty.

I had to redo the tiles chart to make up for the shrinking and I'm knitting it now. I can't believe that with only 167 sts, the whole garment is on the needles!!

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  09:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I've posted a picture of the progress so far at Amanda Knits if anyone wants to see it. I'm very pleased (thus far).

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

Sketcher
Gabber Extraordinaire

597 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  7:19:28 PM  Show Profile Send Sketcher a Private Message
I really like your ideas and am looking forward to seeing your finished projects.

Oh, and I want one of those Picasso bags.
Go to Top of Page

slogerot
New Pal

41 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  8:54:29 PM  Show Profile Send slogerot a Private Message
I know this isn't clothing, but Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (book by Joelle Hoverson) has some beautiful patterns for knitted stuffed toys--a bunny, bear, and elephant. I'm going to knit a couple as gifts for a couple of pregnant friends of mine.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  9:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Unfortunately, I don't have access to those books here.

I finished the girl's sweater and have charted the boy's sweater. I hope to start knitting it this weekend.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  09:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Amanda, we want photos of the FO!!

Mistress Kelley of the Hellacious Sockknitting

Going to He** for buying sock yarn during Lent, but at least my feet won't be cold.

http://ceallachknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  1:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Kelley--

I want to wait until they're in the post to the mother.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  3:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Okay, that's fine....my you are up early!

Mistress Kelley of the Hellacious Sockknitting

Going to He** for buying sock yarn during Lent, but at least my feet won't be cold.

http://ceallachknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  5:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I agreed to meet my take kwon do studiomates at 6 am to go play soccer against our sister (brother?) studio! I was the photographer. It's not even 9 am and I feel like I've had a full day!

Oooh, off topic, but pictures of my studiomates are at the "Amanda Takes Off..." link.

I LOVE my studio! (As proven by the fact that I've used not one, not two, but three exclamation points in this post.)

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  08:32:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
OK, I decided to post a picture of the lotus motif in my webcards section, figuring the mother is waaaaay too busy to look there. So Kelley (and anyone else), you can find a photo of the motif here:

http://www.amandaknits.com/webcards/

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page

gulf knitter
Seriously Hooked

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  10:11:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit gulf knitter's Homepage Send gulf knitter a Private Message
Socks or booties are always a big hit -- the mothers seem to use these. A friend told me later that the pairs of socks I made her baby were the only ones she had that really stayed on. Sarah.
Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  11:24:49 AM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
See if your library has Double Knits, by Zoe Mellor. It has really cute combinations of patterns in twos, and would be perfect for knitting for twins.
Carol S. (and I happen to be a mom of twins, too!)
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2006 :  3:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
There are not really libraries in South Korea. There are university libraries, but I doubt they'd have English-langauge knitting books. (: Thanks though!

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?