Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 Teachers, Babysitters & Friends, Oh my...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  08:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message
I was just informed by the five year old today that his two kindergarten teachers like the color blue and I need to make them scarves for Christmas. He also reminded me of his three Sunday school teachers and their color preferences. He's even picked out the most expensive yarn in my stash for the scarves. Oh yes, he also said not forget about my three year old daughters two teachers and three Sunday school instructors. This count does not include his best friend at school and future wife at Sunday school--he has not proposed yet but he said they will be living in his bedroom when they do get married.

I only hope my size 19 needles hold out. Wish me luck and if you're in the mood, send some Tylenol my way.

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  10:03:01 AM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Cute! If you do knit them all, hold off on the kindergarten teachers until the school year starts. He might get different teachers in September from the ones he had last year, and they might like other colours LOL.

Perhaps for the Sunday school insrtructors a gift card for supplies might go over better; seems like those places are always desperate for supplies.

http://greenfishoutofwater.blogspot.com
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  12:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
Aww, how cute! You're going to have a very sweet and thoughtful young man on your hands soon!

I do want to remind you, though, that there is no "Thou Shalt Knit For Everyone For Christmas" commandment, so if it gets to be stressful, don't be shy about backing off. Knitting is supposed to be fun and relaxing, and there can be other events where a knitted gift could be appropriate.

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  1:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
How cute. I especially like the part about his future wife and that they will live his bedroom.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Just 1 More Row
Chatty Knitter

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  6:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Just 1 More Row's Homepage Send Just 1 More Row a Private Message
This story is definitly a keeper. Make sure you write it down for a scrapbook. Maybe even do a page with the colors he picked out. Then maybe teach him to knit and let him knit the scarves. I know one of my son, Justin, was very proud of the scarf he made for his teacher.

Laura
Wait 1 more minute while I finish this row.
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  7:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
As a former teacher, can I just say that they will love those scarves? Nice to get something different than a mug with an apple on it. (And if you have given a teacher a mug with an apple on it - I'm sure it was loved and cherished, all the same.)

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Knittedpurl1971
Chatty Knitter

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  1:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knittedpurl1971's Homepage Send Knittedpurl1971 a Private Message
What a hoot! Don't you just love it when your kids volunteer you, like you are "Wonder Womaaaaan"yeah! (Wonder Woman music playing in the background)

Vicki
Just Me
http://justme2001.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ShannonM
Gabber Extraordinaire

352 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  08:57:57 AM  Show Profile Send ShannonM a Private Message
So funny. He'll have you busy until well after Christmas won't he?

Shannon
my blog:
http://yarnandchocolate.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
Boy, I hope he holds off on proposing to give you enough time to knit all these gifts and the ones he'll want for the wedding.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  4:01:27 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
So cute! Hey, at least he's paying attention. He knows you knit and values your work. He wants to pass those treasured gifts on to some of the most important people in his life, never mind that they may all change in the next 5 minutes. It's a good sign that his view of the world is growing to include people outside of himself and his own family.

I think it's sweet.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

hissyknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2006 :  5:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit hissyknit's Homepage Send hissyknit a Private Message
I think he's so sweet too. He's really very loving (except to his little sister sometimes). I'm drawing the line at knitting a present for his dog.

BTW, his future wife came to church last week carrying a headless baby doll. [**] But there is hope--Gracie, my future daughter in law, made the priest bless the doll. I just hope she doesn't call it Anne Boelyn like Wednesday from the Addams Family.

Christy B.
"I run with scissors and eat paste."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.