Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Forum Feedback and Suggestion Box
 What's on your wish list for Knitter's Review?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  12:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
How can we make Knitter's Review better? What interests you most, and which areas do you find lacking?

Please take a moment and share your thoughts. Thanks for your help!

Clara
Your friendly Knitter's Review publisher

moxie
Seriously Hooked

844 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  12:27:56 PM  Show Profile Send moxie a Private Message
Clara, I think you're doing a wonderful job! I'll try hard to think of ways you could improve, but really nothing has jumped to mind. It might be nice to have a "basic patterns" section in your magazine with patterns for a beginner's garter stitch scarf,blanket, basic hat, basic mittens, basic sock, pullover, etc? But I wouldn't need these patterns myself-- just might be good for beginners...

I also like the items in the Boutique: if only I could afford the scissors they would be sitting in my bag right now! Maybe more inside pockets in the tote bags? Knitting needle holders?

The Forum is, obviously, one of my favorite internet places to visit because it's intelligently organized and the people are so friendly and well-informed. The site is sometimes a little slow to load, but I understand that more bandwidth=more cost. Possibly you might move some of the older, one-topic issues to the bottom of the All Forums page?

Moxie
Go to Top of Page

moxie
Seriously Hooked

844 Posts

Clara, I think you're doing a wonderful job! I'll try hard to think of ways you could improve, but really nothing has jumped to mind. It might be nice to have a "basic patterns" section in your magazine with patterns for a beginner's garter stitch scarf,blanket, basic hat, basic mittens, basic sock, pullover, etc? But I wouldn't need these patterns myself-- just might be good for beginners...

I also like the items in the Boutique: if only I could afford the scissors they would be sitting in my bag right now! Maybe more inside pockets in the tote bags? Knitting needle holders?

The Forum is, obviously, one of my favorite internet places to visit because it's intelligently organized and the people are so friendly and well-informed. The site is sometimes a little slow to load, but I understand that more bandwidth=more cost. Possibly you might move some of the older, one-topic issues to the bottom of the All Forums page?

Moxie
Go to Top of Page

moxie
Seriously Hooked

844 Posts

Moxie
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  12:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Clara,

I'm curious, what sparked this topic? I love your site, I'm here a lot (I mean a real lot) . . . . I'm going to think on this overnight and try to give you some feedback tomorrow, but I was curious as to what made you ask?

thanks,

Martheme

Martheme of Sheep Hearth of Golden Leaf Camp
visit the EC Fans site http://ecfans.com/forums.htm

visit my blog @ http://martheme.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  12:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Martheme's Homepage  Send Martheme a Yahoo! Message Send Martheme a Private Message
Clara,

I'm curious, what sparked this topic? I love your site, I'm here a lot (I mean a real lot) . . . . I'm going to think on this overnight and try to give you some feedback tomorrow, but I was curious as to what made you ask?

thanks,

Martheme

Go to Top of Page

Martheme
Sustaining Member

USA
1565 Posts

Clara,

thanks,

Martheme

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Hmmm... I know what I don't want you to change - the clean look and easy navigation, the friendly and helpful tone of your writing (which in turn shapes the tone of these wonderful forums), your beautiful photos...

I love the yarn reviews, and I refer to that section often. I also enjoyed your gadget review last year -within a week of your pom-pom maker review, someone showed up at our knitting group with one, completely flummoxed. Because I'd just learned about them from your piece, I was able to tell her that part of it was missing. (I'm from the cardboard circle school of pom-poms myself...)

As for the boutique - somebody stop me! I guess I'd buy another t-shirt in a different design if it were cut like the Knit Happens shirt (as you know, it's a popular item at my house!) I'm loving my monkey bag, by the way - finally, a bag that's big enough for the whole project!

Luann

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2666 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Luann's Homepage Send Luann a Private Message
Hmmm... I know what I don't want you to change - the clean look and easy navigation, the friendly and helpful tone of your writing (which in turn shapes the tone of these wonderful forums), your beautiful photos...

I love the yarn reviews, and I refer to that section often. I also enjoyed your gadget review last year -within a week of your pom-pom maker review, someone showed up at our knitting group with one, completely flummoxed. Because I'd just learned about them from your piece, I was able to tell her that part of it was missing. (I'm from the cardboard circle school of pom-poms myself...)

As for the boutique - somebody stop me! I guess I'd buy another t-shirt in a different design if it were cut like the Knit Happens shirt (as you know, it's a popular item at my house!) I'm loving my monkey bag, by the way - finally, a bag that's big enough for the whole project!

Luann

Go to Top of Page

Luann
Permanent Resident

USA
2666 Posts

Luann

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
To answer Martheme's question, it was a combination of things... The usual worry that I continue to deliver value to readers, that I don't allow myself to get distracted by the business side of keeping KR afloat, and last but not least, my planning the editorial calendar for the second half of 2003.

Thus the forum topic!

Clara

p.s.-Thank you Moxie and Luann!
Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Clara's Homepage Send Clara a Private Message
To answer Martheme's question, it was a combination of things... The usual worry that I continue to deliver value to readers, that I don't allow myself to get distracted by the business side of keeping KR afloat, and last but not least, my planning the editorial calendar for the second half of 2003.

Thus the forum topic!

Clara

Go to Top of Page

Clara
queen bee

USA
4403 Posts

Thus the forum topic!

Clara

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  1:40:33 PM  Show Profile Send mtchen a Private Message
You are definitely doing a great job, Clara!

My favorite parts of KR are the forum and the yarn reviews. The reference section is also quite good...

I would like to see more updates in the book review section and the yarn store review section too...Maybe we can add some reviews of knitting videos too or other knitting-related media...

In short, if there is ongoing new content to read, I'll keep coming back.

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

My favorite parts of KR are the forum and the yarn reviews. The reference section is also quite good...

I would like to see more updates in the book review section and the yarn store review section too...Maybe we can add some reviews of knitting videos too or other knitting-related media...

Go to Top of Page

mtchen
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
564 Posts

Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  2:45:04 PM  Show Profile Send amandaCO a Private Message
I agree that the yarn reviews are great. I find them very helpful in finding things I might not otherwise be exposed to on my own. I'd like to see more technique and background info on styles. The book reviews are good but many books have multiple reviews on amazon from their readers. Maybe focus on books that can't be purchased on amazon and then give us a list of retailers who do carry it. I'm thinking books that are from other countries or aren't published by the major press companies. While I agree a file of easy/beginner patterns may be nice I don't think you want to put yourself into the same catagory as many freebee online pattern sources. I like to come here to get informed and not have to navigate through a lot of extra stuff.

Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

I agree that the yarn reviews are great. I find them very helpful in finding things I might not otherwise be exposed to on my own. I'd like to see more technique and background info on styles. The book reviews are good but many books have multiple reviews on amazon from their readers. Maybe focus on books that can't be purchased on amazon and then give us a list of retailers who do carry it. I'm thinking books that are from other countries or aren't published by the major press companies. While I agree a file of easy/beginner patterns may be nice I don't think you want to put yourself into the same catagory as many freebee online pattern sources. I like to come here to get informed and not have to navigate through a lot of extra stuff.

Go to Top of Page

amandaCO
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
530 Posts

Go to Top of Page

Summer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  2:49:52 PM  Show Profile Send Summer a Private Message
I don't find anything at all lacking, this is my favorite place to come. If you are just looking for new things, what about interviewing some book authors and designers?

You're doing a wonderful job, and you're doing it without charging anyone a price!

Oh! I just thought of something that is lacking. A picture of Clara! All those in favor say AYE!

Jill

Go to Top of Page

Summer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
581 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2003 :  2:49:52 PM  Show Profile Send Summer a Private Message
I don't find anything at all lacking, this is my favorite place to come. If you are just looking for new things, what about interviewing some book authors and designers?

You're doing a wonderful job, and you're doing it without charging anyone a price!

Oh! I just thought of something that is lacking. A picture of Clara! All those in favor say AYE!

Jill

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.