Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 A tangled mess
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kittysmom
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  2:37:48 PM  Show Profile Send kittysmom a Private Message
Usually when I have problems with a project it is the mistake is somewhere in the knitting. This one has been different to say the least. I have been working on Pullover Flair from IK Spring 2006. First I substituted a different yarn. The yarn came in hanks instead of pull skeins, so I had to rewind it. This is really the first time I've had to do this. The first skein I placed on the back of a chair and attached it to a ballwinder my aunt had given me. Needless to say that didn't go well. The next time I placed the yarn on a lamp shade, losened the little thingy and all went smoothly. The next 2 skeins the yarn slipped of the lampshade and tied itsself in large knots. After that I used my knees for the swift and wound the yarn by hand.

And remember that yarn substitution I mentioned - well I calculated the number of hanks needed in my head. Big mistake when I noticed I was running short I got out the calculator and found I was off by at least 100 yards. Luckily, I was able to order more in the same dye lot no less.

Lizzie

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Glad you got to order more. I was using some yarn that came in a pull skein and instead of a nice string a whole glob came out of the middle and I had to spend over an hour untangling and rewinding. What a pain!

Hopefully this will be your biggest challenge and all else will go well from here!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

kittysmom
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  4:27:16 PM  Show Profile Send kittysmom a Private Message
Thanks. So far the knitting has been easy. Never again will I calculate yardage in my head. I should have known better as math was never my strong suit.

Lizzie
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  05:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Glad you were able to find more yarn in same dye lot.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Oh gosh, I still remember the first hank of yarn I wound. Purple Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool.

What a horrid hot mess I made.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Only you can decide how tongue in cheek I am.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe