Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 A tangled mess
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kittysmom
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  2:37:48 PM  Show Profile Send kittysmom a Private Message
Usually when I have problems with a project it is the mistake is somewhere in the knitting. This one has been different to say the least. I have been working on Pullover Flair from IK Spring 2006. First I substituted a different yarn. The yarn came in hanks instead of pull skeins, so I had to rewind it. This is really the first time I've had to do this. The first skein I placed on the back of a chair and attached it to a ballwinder my aunt had given me. Needless to say that didn't go well. The next time I placed the yarn on a lamp shade, losened the little thingy and all went smoothly. The next 2 skeins the yarn slipped of the lampshade and tied itsself in large knots. After that I used my knees for the swift and wound the yarn by hand.

And remember that yarn substitution I mentioned - well I calculated the number of hanks needed in my head. Big mistake when I noticed I was running short I got out the calculator and found I was off by at least 100 yards. Luckily, I was able to order more in the same dye lot no less.

Lizzie

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Glad you got to order more. I was using some yarn that came in a pull skein and instead of a nice string a whole glob came out of the middle and I had to spend over an hour untangling and rewinding. What a pain!

Hopefully this will be your biggest challenge and all else will go well from here!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

kittysmom
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  4:27:16 PM  Show Profile Send kittysmom a Private Message
Thanks. So far the knitting has been easy. Never again will I calculate yardage in my head. I should have known better as math was never my strong suit.

Lizzie
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  05:09:00 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Glad you were able to find more yarn in same dye lot.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Oh gosh, I still remember the first hank of yarn I wound. Purple Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool.

What a horrid hot mess I made.

Amanda Takes Off... and
Amanda Knits

Only you can decide how tongue in cheek I am.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe