Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Striped Scarf
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  4:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
Here is the scarf I am working on. It is the original harry Potter type scarf ala House of Ravenclaw. I am working it on size 5 needles using Merino Style from Knit Picks in Storm and Fog ( love those names).

[IMG]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/poorluci/101_0464-1.jpg[/IMG]

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  5:17:09 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
The colors don't show up well on my computer, but it looks like fun. I'm a Harry Potter fan myself. Is it knitted like a tube? It looks big, but not seeing it on a person, it's hard to tell. Post another pix when you're done.
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  5:17:09 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
The colors don't show up well on my computer, but it looks like fun. I'm a Harry Potter fan myself. Is it knitted like a tube? It looks big, but not seeing it on a person, it's hard to tell. Post another pix when you're done.
Go to Top of Page

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  6:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
HI,
it is a tube scarf. I am jsut going to clamp it shut when I am done.
There is a good pattern at www.atypicallyknit.com . I am jsut kind of freestyling it. I think it may be about 8 inches across. I will post another when I am done, but it may take me awhile. I knit slow.
Go to Top of Page

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  6:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
HI,
it is a tube scarf. I am jsut going to clamp it shut when I am done.
There is a good pattern at www.atypicallyknit.com . I am jsut kind of freestyling it. I think it may be about 8 inches across. I will post another when I am done, but it may take me awhile. I knit slow.
Go to Top of Page

clover
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  7:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send clover a Private Message
I knit one of those in burgandy and gold last year!!! It was big, thick and gorgeous and totally cute on my first grade nephew. I did a tube on a circular needle and knit it at a pretty loose gauge, just to make it go faster and since it was a tube didn't worry too much about stretching out of shape. I used Cascade 2000. He loved it and I loved the expression on my sister-in-law's face when I told her it was wool and not machine washable. Wicked knitter here. I tried to make it in acrylic but couldn't force myself to. I was already wrestling with a short circular needle... which I do hate... they hurt my elbows bc I have to stick my arms out.... not describing it very well but I hate the extra bit of work you have to do when circs are super short.

Your's I assume is in the colors of another 'house'? I am not a HP fan myself. Anyway I love your colors and think your scarf is beautiful. Happy knitting! And plz post pics when you're done.
Go to Top of Page

clover
Chatty Knitter

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2006 :  7:45:33 PM  Show Profile Send clover a Private Message
I knit one of those in burgandy and gold last year!!! It was big, thick and gorgeous and totally cute on my first grade nephew. I did a tube on a circular needle and knit it at a pretty loose gauge, just to make it go faster and since it was a tube didn't worry too much about stretching out of shape. I used Cascade 2000. He loved it and I loved the expression on my sister-in-law's face when I told her it was wool and not machine washable. Wicked knitter here. I tried to make it in acrylic but couldn't force myself to. I was already wrestling with a short circular needle... which I do hate... they hurt my elbows bc I have to stick my arms out.... not describing it very well but I hate the extra bit of work you have to do when circs are super short.

Your's I assume is in the colors of another 'house'? I am not a HP fan myself. Anyway I love your colors and think your scarf is beautiful. Happy knitting! And plz post pics when you're done.
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  06:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
How cute.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2006 :  06:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
How cute.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  08:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
It is from the house of Ravenclaw!!! Still not done..............This truly is the never ending scarf.
Go to Top of Page

Poor Luci
Chatty Knitter

USA
125 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  08:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Poor Luci's Homepage  Send Poor Luci a Yahoo! Message Send Poor Luci a Private Message
It is from the house of Ravenclaw!!! Still not done..............This truly is the never ending scarf.
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
*laughs* I just spent a couple of hours researching Harry Potter knitting patterns last night. I saw the patterns at atypicallyknit. They are fun. There is also a site called Hobbie's Wizard Wear that offers free patterns for the school uniform sweaters and vests seen in the movies. I don't have much need for a scarf (I did see a really cute bookmark-sized scarf, though, which I might have to make before the next book comes out), but I'm seriously considering making one of the uniform vests. The problem is trying to decide which House colors to use! I'm leaning toward Ravenclaw, but think I will go with the book colors of blue and bronze instead of the silver they use in the movies.

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  09:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
*laughs* I just spent a couple of hours researching Harry Potter knitting patterns last night. I saw the patterns at atypicallyknit. They are fun. There is also a site called Hobbie's Wizard Wear that offers free patterns for the school uniform sweaters and vests seen in the movies. I don't have much need for a scarf (I did see a really cute bookmark-sized scarf, though, which I might have to make before the next book comes out), but I'm seriously considering making one of the uniform vests. The problem is trying to decide which House colors to use! I'm leaning toward Ravenclaw, but think I will go with the book colors of blue and bronze instead of the silver they use in the movies.

"Alright everyone, back to your knitting..."
- Fred or George Weasley, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie)
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.77 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?