Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 More Patterns for Knitted Jewelry
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Knit-a-Bit
New Pal

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  11:35:53 AM  Show Profile Send Knit-a-Bit a Private Message
I made a necklace using copper colored silk thread and beautiful copper delica beads a few weeks ago - and now I am hooked. I would love to see more patterns using thread to light weight yarn and incorporating beads. They are so much fun to use, and really dress up anything you make.

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  11:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Sounds like you have an opportunity to design some pieces.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

kaidyd
Chatty Knitter

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  6:25:03 PM  Show Profile Send kaidyd a Private Message
Earth Faire sells some gorgeous kits/patterns and beads for knitted jewlery. Also offered are patterns, yarns, kits, and beads for knitted items like shawls, hats, socks, etc. I have found the instructions to be clear and complete. I had not knit with beads before trying one of the "bead soup" bracelets. Now I'm hooked. She is a terrific vendor to purchase from---answers questions about products promptly and ships quickly.

http://earthfaire.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  7:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I was in Michael's not too long ago and saw some books but they were on the bead row. Can I tell you any titles? Nope...sorry, but there were two or three I looked at. Some were crocheted and some were knitted.

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  6:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
This new magazine Adorn has a pattern for some crocheted jewelry. Your copper beaded necklace sounds very nice...post some pics!

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/product_info.php?cPath=83_348&products_id=1246

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  3:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
Hi, Knit-a-bit. Stay tuned for the new book coming out from Wiley this Fall called NOT YOUR MAMA'S KNITTING>
You'll find some very interesting beaded-knitted jewelry designs in there. I'm planning on designing some if I
ever get the time. Meanwhile, why don't you get us all started???

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php

Jane

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  06:52:20 AM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kaidyd

Earth Faire sells some gorgeous kits/patterns and beads for knitted jewlery. Also offered are patterns, yarns, kits, and beads for knitted items like shawls, hats, socks, etc. I have found the instructions to be clear and complete. I had not knit with beads before trying one of the "bead soup" bracelets. Now I'm hooked. She is a terrific vendor to purchase from---answers questions about products promptly and ships quickly.

http://earthfaire.com

The spiral knit earrings are really tempting. Thanks for the site.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?