Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 cardigan pattern
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zanner
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  8:17:39 PM  Show Profile Send zanner a Private Message
I bought some yarn to make a cardigan, and now want to find a different cardigan pattern, because the one I bought is nice, but a bit plain. It is called the Guilford Jacket. The yarn is Modigliani Australian Merino in a willow green (very light). Does anyone have a cardigan pattern than they just love?
Thanks,
Zanner

Mickey
Permanent Resident

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  8:43:23 PM  Show Profile Send Mickey a Private Message
here are some free cardigan patterns:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/free_patterns/wm-cardigans.php
http://knitting.about.com/library/blswecardiganpic.htm
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  12:28:16 AM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Check here.

Trish
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  6:46:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
The Sunrise Circular Jacket is very stylish and free, its somewhere on the Interweave Knits website.

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page

Buckeyeknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

364 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  06:52:05 AM  Show Profile Send Buckeyeknitter a Private Message
There are some nice sweater patterns (free) on Berrocco website

Pam
Go to Top of Page

zanner
Chatty Knitter

106 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:06:31 AM  Show Profile Send zanner a Private Message
Thanks to all who wrote with suggestions. I love the cardigan in the new Berroco Booklet # 254.
Suzanne
Go to Top of Page

Buckeyeknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

364 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  11:22:05 AM  Show Profile Send Buckeyeknitter a Private Message
Another place I found that has a lot of sweater patterns that I like is fuzzymabel.com. A lot of Elsbeth Lavold but some other designers that I was not familiar with

Pam
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  12:17:37 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
I'd recommend Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Around. She'll show how to turn any sweater pattern into a cardigan (and do it with no seams).
Go to Top of Page

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  06:36:03 AM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
I am currently working on the slouchy cardigan from Greetings from the Knit Cafe by Susan Mischer. It is a simple pattern and nicely styled. Take a look.
Donna, Torino, Italy
Go to Top of Page

Nanaknit
Chatty Knitter

287 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:10:49 AM  Show Profile Send Nanaknit a Private Message
I am just getting ready to start the Knittting Pure and Simple neck down shaped cardgan. It is a Christmas Gift for my grandaughter. After I'm done with hers, I have the yarn to make one for myself. It has a v-neck, tie closure and slightly flared sleeves.

[meow]Linda

"Honey, a man can't keep his gun in a cookie jar. It just isn't done!" - Janet Evanovich
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe