Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 Baby Crocheting question
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panhandle Jane
Seriously Hooked

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  1:10:49 PM  Show Profile Send Panhandle Jane a Private Message
I have a picture of an antique teething bib on my blog that I want to copy. I need suggestions. Sorry, it's crocheted, not knitted.

http:\\www.panhandleknitandsew.blogspot.com

llinn
honorary angel

USA
1650 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  9:42:08 PM  Show Profile Send llinn a Private Message
Okay, here goes. I actually have this pattern or as like as makes no never mind. Am I going to get bit if I copy the pattern and send it to you. The book's from the 40's.

On the other hand, I can tell you without looking up the pattern it's made out of a rayon that isn't made anymore or silk. It's done almost entirely in single crochet in the back loops and in effect, is one "peak" of a ripple afghan. You start by chaining so many (depends on the yarn and the hook size you choose). Make it an odd number, Let's pretend that you are getting 5 sc to the inch with a size F. Chain 32 and turn, working one sc in the second chain from the hook and in each of the next 14 ch, work 3 sc in the next loop, then work 1 sc in each loop to end. (33sc). Row 2 and all alt rows: Sc in back loops only, work even. Row 3 and all odd numbered rows: Working in back loops only, sc in each stitch to center, work 3 sc in center st, continue to end of row working 1 sc in each stitch.

Keep going until it is as long as you want. Trim with nice scallop or lace stitch around endge. Chain ties or sew on ribbons and add little ribbon rosetts to bib.

LLinn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?