Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 What's On Your Knitting Wish List?
 Green Mountain Knitting Bag
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  1:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
No doubt this has been on this list before. I was just looking at the website AGAIN this morning (www.greenmountainknittingbags.com), wishing for the Micro Carpet Bag for my sock knitting. I just know it would be perfect. Instead, I loaded the latest sock in a ziploc bag and trucked to the car repair place to sit and knit while they fixed the car. The Carpet Bag so needs to come live at my house.

Does anyone have this Micro Carpet Bag size, and is it as perfect for socks as I think it must be?

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  1:50:22 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
I have the small one and it has a lot of room for socks so I'm sure the micro would work. They are definitely worth the price.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  7:59:55 PM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
I have one Green Mountain bag and I do love it. The quality is very high and it is very comfortable to carry. I would love to have another bag and a Portabella bag made to order.

J.
Go to Top of Page

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  8:21:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message
I just got my first Green Mountain bag (a vintage bag) and LOVE IT! Now I have my sights on a carpet bag as well.... I am sure you would love a bag for all your latest sock projects!

Janice
http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
http://www.galenahaven.homestead.com
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  08:39:07 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I've got a medium carpet bag and it's wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  09:29:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Well I have a carpet bag that I love (you would think I could remember the size though wouldn't you - med maybe) in fact I love it so much I ordered a Portabella in the same fabric with a circular needle case in the same fabric. I should be getting it next week. I am thinking that it will be perfect for knitting circle for me - I can leave my yarn in the bag when it is standing open and knit right from it.

Getting a package from Martha is a good as Christmas morning when you were a little kid.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

candym
Chatty Knitter

343 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  07:38:35 AM  Show Profile Send candym a Private Message
I have been wanting a bag for a while now. They are so unique. I don't have paypal and I wonder if that is the only way to order one.
I like the pond bag and the sock bag, and also the portabello.It would be a difficult choice to make!
Go to Top of Page

hillstreetmama
Permanent Resident

USA
3448 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  12:20:33 PM  Show Profile Send hillstreetmama a Private Message
It's really easy to sign up on Paypal and it costs you nothing. The transaction is secure, cuz the companies you pay never see your credit card number. I use it a lot and have been happy.
Go to Top of Page

leftpaw
Warming Up

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  5:23:43 PM  Show Profile Send leftpaw a Private Message
I have the vintage bag and the sock bag and I love them both. I'd love to get a Portabella but I'm a little worried that my cat would think it's a new bed for him.
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  5:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Well, a good friend just told me that I needed to get over to that site and buy myself a "solace gift" because I had to tell College Boy goodbye today. (Let me ask you - do we need friends like this? Such enablers in our life?)

Unfortunately, it was about all the justification that I needed on a day like today, so I'm ordering before the night is out. (Does anyone else need help with justification like that? I'm glad to pass it on.......)

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
Go to Top of Page

JARlady
Chatty Knitter

215 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  7:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit JARlady's Homepage Send JARlady a Private Message
You are very lucky to have someone to help you justify your spending like that!! Be sure to let us all know what you order!!

Janice
http://jarlady.blogspot.com/
http://www.galenahaven.homestead.com
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  11:23:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
A Micro Carpet Bag in the TUF9 material is now on order with my name attached to it. I see a trend here - you get one bag, then you think you need another, and so on and so on and so on. Can anyone ever just order ONE of these Green Mountain bags and stop there?

Ok - who's going to order one next? (Jarlady? Surely you need another?)

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  05:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Sheri, Congrats, you will love the bag.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  08:37:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Sheri -- we all need a friend like yours. Check my blog to see a picture of my latest acquisition from Martha - this is a picture she took of it with the accessory bag and I am using that picture because I am a lousy photographer and wouldn't do it justice. I also got the circular needle in the same material. It will be coming with me tomorrow to my first Weight Watchers meeting and then on to my knitting circle. Now I have to go see if the long needle case is the right size for my new spindle - which is also so beautiful and needs a luxurious case to hold it.

Everyone should save up their money to get one of these bags -- they are so worth it and so well made and so beautiful you will have it forever and can will it to your children. How's that for a testimonial? Honestly they will be heirloom pieces...can you tell I really love mine

rho

Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  09:21:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Rho - love your bag!! What fabric did you pick? That actualy color? It's beauuuutiful. And since I have a knitter daughter, she may very well want to inherit my bag. (Ohh - another justification for purchasing these bags. I can pass them on for further enjoyment!)

Love the way the stripes are working on those socks on your blog.

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  10:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Hi Sheri -- that is my actual bag -- Matha put a picture of it on her Hall of Fame page and if you go to the bags for sale page and scroll down to the Large Carpet bag you will see my actual 1st bag -- I was wrong in my original post my capet bag is the large size. And thanks on the socks - they are the ones that have me pulling my hair out LOL

rho

Go to Top of Page

Linnet
Warming Up

78 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:44:19 AM  Show Profile Send Linnet a Private Message
Ooh, ooh, I want to show off my latest Green Mountain Knitting bag, too. It's rather bright, so you may need sunglasses! It comes to work with me every day. I think I may need one for every day of the week, and two on Sunday. So I'm already halfway there! [:00]
Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:58:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
Linnet that is another beautiful one - can't wait to see your others too.

rho

Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  1:25:44 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Rho and Linnet, Both of you bags are great.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  1:26:53 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Linnet, I see your bag also made Martha's Hall of Fame page. Congrats.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Linnet - what a fun bag. And you own FOUR Green Mountain Bags? Well you are just an inspiration! The next time I need someone to talk me into buying another one, I'm coming to you!

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by