Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Knitter's Review Retreat details and Sheepshow
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Knitting for Babies and Children
 New baby in the family
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  6:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
DH and I just found out this evening that his son and daughter-in-law are having a baby in December. We sort of suspected as much ever since April, but waited until they told us.

And it's a GIRL!!!! My experiences have been solely with boys.

I've got to get knitting. WooHoo!!!A Christmas baby.

Barbara
http://graniterose.livejournal.com/
If YOU don't talk to your CAT about catnip, who will?

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  8:28:56 PM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message
What great news, Barbara!
What are you planning to knit?

Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

llinn
honorary angel

USA
1650 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  8:53:19 PM  Show Profile Send llinn a Private Message
Something pink and pretty, I'll bet.

More fun than deciding whether to put robots or superheroes on their underwear.

Llinn
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  9:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
Oh wow! Have fun

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  05:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
Well, I spent last night Googling patterns till I couldn't stay awake anymore. Will head out to the yarn store later today to see what patterns they have.

Oh, yes.....very girly for sure. This is such a treat for me to be able to girly stuff. I want to knit a couple of cardigan sweaters and perhaps a baby blanket. One nice thing about baby stuff, you can get them done quickly!!

Will post more later.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

MrsD1
Chatty Knitter

284 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  08:38:18 AM  Show Profile Send MrsD1 a Private Message
Congratulations, Barbara! Our first grandson is two weeks old. We are so excited to be grandparents. It's a joy.

Patsy
Go to Top of Page

blr2449
Permanent Resident

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  12:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit blr2449's Homepage  Send blr2449 a Yahoo! Message Send blr2449 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by MrsD1

Congratulations, Barbara! Our first grandson is two weeks old. We are so excited to be grandparents. It's a joy.Patsy

Oh, they're a lot of fun, that's for sure.

I have a 4.5 yr old grandson, who lives on the East Coast so I don't get to see him often. In addition to my grandson, I have two sons and a nephew. No girls. Until now!!

I found some nice patterns this morning and some soft yarn. I'll see if I can get photos up on my blog later.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

CraftyGrammy
Chatty Knitter

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  6:25:24 PM  Show Profile Send CraftyGrammy a Private Message
Oh Barbara, Congratulations! Grandchildren are the greatest joy of all. I have 5 grandchildren ranging from 1 1/2 - 6 1/2 yrs old. Three are girls. You are so right about the projects going so quickly. I am sure you will be very busy from now until Christmas.

Happy knitting.
Enjoy every minute..

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

csutliff
Chatty Knitter

USA
281 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  8:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit csutliff's Homepage Send csutliff a Private Message
You are one lucky lady. I cannot wait for a Grandbaby so I just borrow and slobber over my friends grandbabies and knit for them. I had five kids so I could get lots of em. A grand daughter for Christmas...how perfect and divine. CONGRATS ALL THE WAY!!!

Crystal
"Get your Knit On" http://www.freewebs.com/csutliff/
My Yahoo Knit Group!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/michiganknitters/
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  07:11:21 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Corddrymum
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
519 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  2:14:15 PM  Show Profile Send Corddrymum a Private Message
Congratulations, Barbara!
We have 2 grandsons here in MA ages 5 & 3 and a new little granddaugher who is moving from NY to CA on 8/30/06. I'm so sad! I know we'll see pictures and I have been knitting her a sweater for weeks but I'm still sad. She's so pretty...
Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?