Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 No knitting for one month group (WHAT???)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  3:49:08 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
To Amanda and all those who are simply too busy to even get that one or two rows in, that's TOO busy. I feel terrible for you because that would be such a hardship for me. May things settle down shortly so you can get some knitting time in.

M L
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  3:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
quote:

Congrats Biodb8er! A teacher. How great! Lots of paper. What level are you teaching at???

I'm teaching fifth grade. I am organized, but you can't believe the amount of paperwork. Give me something at 12.30 and tell me it's due the next day at 2.30. Yeah right, isn't going to happen.

"Hon var nio år, och hon bodde där alldeles ensam."
Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
quote:

quote:

Congrats Biodb8er! A teacher. How great! Lots of paper. What level are you teaching at???

I'm teaching fifth grade. I am organized, but you can't believe the amount of paperwork. Give me something at 12.30 and tell me it's due the next day at 2.30. Yeah right, isn't going to happen.

"Hon var nio år, och hon bodde där alldeles ensam."

What an interesting age to teach! All those hormones just starting to peak! I have a daughter that just finished 5th grade. What challenges her teacher had. She taught both daughters...I insisted she teach Emlie also. She's an awesome teacher. I loved watching the boys and girls interact when I would go pick up Emlie from school. Now I know why you are irritated at misspelling and incorrect punctuation. Good luck. You can only do what you can do....You aren't super woman yet!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

littlemaze
New Pal

Australia
46 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  7:23:17 PM  Show Profile Send littlemaze a Private Message
Hi Knittiegirl,

I know what you mean about getting a new yarn. My big yarn order came in during the month and that night, out came the needles and the ball of "Heirloom - breeze" that has just been reviewed here. I made a shapely tank and it turned out quite nice. At least I started and finished a project during the month!! The new yarn mania is even stronger in me if I have dyed it myself. Anxious for it to dry so I can see how it knits up.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I made a list of things I want to make - there is at least 10 things on it......now if only I could finish some of my UFOs.....

Littlemaze.

quote:

Why oh why is it so wonderful to start projects!??!?!

Here's my problem. I get new yarn and rush home and read the pattern, make the swatch and start the project. I work on the project until...I buy some yarn on sale that gos with a pattern I've had in mind. I TRY SO HARD to leave the new yarn in the basket until I'm finished with the first project. But the yarn looks so soft and I think , I'll just make the swatch...then I'm off on that one and well, it's a cycle I've got to break.

A few weeks ago I went a little nuts-o and bought a lot of yarn. I DO have a pattern for every single skein bought. I'd been plotting Christmas presents and finally bought the yarn for a ton of them. I've joined the NYFOM club and am successfully not looking at or buying yarn. The problem really is that I all ready have so much yarn at home. I've got:

-1 scarf for niece
-1 Cabin Rug
-1 Afgahn

and have yarn for more!

So, count me in too - No more projects until projects are done!!!

Knittiegirl

Fall down seven times, get up eight.

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  10:39:58 PM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
I just want it on the record that I was in my LYS for AN HOUR today and touched adn felt and sighed, but DID NOT BUY!!! I want kudos and mad props!!! :)

I have an afghan with 48 rows left. I am not buying any more yarn until its DONE!!

Go to Top of Page

vicky by the bay
Permanent Resident

USA
4768 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2003 :  11:45:23 PM  Show Profile Send vicky by the bay a Private Message
Vanessa, I am so proud of you. Go Gurl!!!! All right. Finish that afghan!!! Set goals and stick to them....unlike myself. What's the saying? Do what I say....not what I do. Please don't monkey see; monkey doooo!!!

Vicky(new knitter-HELP!!)
Go to Top of Page

littlemaze
New Pal

Australia
46 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  01:04:23 AM  Show Profile Send littlemaze a Private Message
Go Vanessa go...go...go....

48...47...46...3...2...1..finished! Now off to the LYS!!!!

Littlemaze

Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  01:46:47 AM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
well, it helps that the afghan is a gift for which I am getting a handmade quilt in exchange :) And the date of exchange is rapdily approaching....

Go to Top of Page

Pinky Yarn
Permanent Resident

USA
1045 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  08:09:15 AM  Show Profile Send Pinky Yarn a Private Message
aaaaaah, does this count? i decdided i didnt like one of the hats and the way it was turning out and it was too big and i ran out of yarn. so i ripped it apart and started over. aaaaah, i was doin ok!!

God Bless
Go to Top of Page

lizzi
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  08:26:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit lizzi's Homepage Send lizzi a Private Message
I don't think frogging and restarting a project you'd already begun counts. Realizing your mistakes and fixing them--even if it means starting over--is an important step in finishing a piece

Lizzi
http://amimono.blogspot.com

"Adjectives on the typewriter, he moves his words like a prize fighter." Cake, Shadow Stabbing
Go to Top of Page

DebbiOH
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
525 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2003 :  1:14:55 PM  Show Profile Send DebbiOH a Private Message
Getting a late start but count me in. I have a pr of socks half made, and also a sweater that is still needing one sleeve. Long story, should have made them both at the same time.

Will report back in at the end of the month.

Debbi
NW Ohio
Go to Top of Page

luv2knit944
Permanent Resident

USA
1789 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  04:25:01 AM  Show Profile Send luv2knit944 a Private Message
Yes, I also have a hard time getting to the assembling of things.But I`m obligated to,because it`s a job.I sometimes put them to the side,& start something else,if I don`t have a deadline.I also have to force myself to do it sometimes.I find most people not wanting to assemble their projects.I love the "Pure & Simple" patterns.You knit from neck down.And there`s no assembling whatsoever.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

pamulla@earthlink.net
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  05:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit pamulla@earthlink.net's Homepage Send pamulla@earthlink.net a Private Message
I have a Dale sweater sleeve knitted; the ribbing for an Alice Starmore Aran; the shoulders for a top-down Beth Brown-Reinsel aran; one Opal sock; and I am working on a Lopi sweater. That doesn't mention my stash. I also have a few things I made on my knitting machine that need assembly.
I always try to finish up something to wear to Stitches East and reduce my stash so I can buy more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookworm
Chatty Knitter

USA
265 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2003 :  07:44:37 AM  Show Profile Send Bookworm a Private Message
I have been trying to do this all summer, but when we went on vacation I relapsed and started socks with some new Opal that came the day we left. Now, I have three pairs of socks started, one afghan that I may not be able to work on for a while since it is SO hot here, and sleeves for a sweater for my DH that have to be designed since the pattern he liked was for a vest. I am grateful for The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns, since that makes it much easier--all I have to worry about is fitting the pattern into their numbers.

Hazel

Go to Top of Page

snailknitter@aol.com
New Pal

7 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2003 :  08:21:39 AM  Show Profile Send snailknitter@aol.com a Private Message
I have so many UFPs that I'm going to have to make a list of them. I did that one other time (it didn't make me finish them any sooner) and at least I stopped counting the same project twice!!!

Great Idea. and I'm in.

Go to Top of Page

knittiegirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  08:08:23 AM  Show Profile Send knittiegirl a Private Message
One down everyone!!!

I finished my niece's scarf this morning before coming to work. That leaves only two hats, a blanket (that LJ helped me on in the Projects section) the cabin rug (which has become such a pain) and a blanket that I'm crocheting for the BF.

4 1/2 months until Christmas!!! These knitting hands are full!

Fall down seven times, get up eight.
Go to Top of Page

lacylaine
Seriously Hooked

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  10:24:36 AM  Show Profile Send lacylaine a Private Message
Haven't been knitting a lot due to the heat but count me in. You'd think with DH laid off I wouldn't be able to buy any more yarn. But we still allow ourselves a tiny bit of spending money every week. And I'm finding it surprisingly easy to skip chocolate and magazines. Anyway, I was at Michael's with my daughter and they had regular Wool-ease on sale. It's not that expensive anyway, but they actually had 6 skeins of red which is just what I need to make myself matching gloves, hat and scarf.

Believe it or not, I've never had all three items match in my entire life. And this red will look so good with my green parka! So, I must finish my friend's sweater and my sister's table runner (crochet) first.

This note probably belongs in the NYFAMC, but I'll just say this - I wish I'd had a decent stash for this period in my life. I do have some yarn set aside, but only a few project's worth. So don't get TOO hard on yourself when you buy the stuff. Unless, of course, you need a room addition for it! Then maybe you'd better ease off.

Well, my lunch is over and the government is paying me today. I sure hope we can get our new phone line installed soon (no one wants to be in the crawl space!) so I can get back on-line at home.

Have fun!

Melanie

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10
Go to Top of Page

thevalkyry
Sustaining Member

USA
736 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2003 :  11:55:01 AM  Show Profile Send thevalkyry a Private Message
Melanie: I have some sock yarn that will never be socks because I never get around to making the match pair. I would be happy to send it to you if you would like. Email me and let me know!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?