Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Stuck on a Pattern
 garterlac dishcloth
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

millsgrad
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2006 :  10:06:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit millsgrad's Homepage Send millsgrad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Knitrageous

That's what it looks like. It would make cute pillows or if you were really ambitious (I'm not!)a blanket! It would be a great way to use up little bits and pieces, don't you think?

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.

You took the words right out of my mouth! It would be a great way to use up leftover yarn. I'm gonna have to wait to get started on this pattern!

rhoda

Come see my blog!
http://g-girl-knittingadventures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

origami
Chatty Knitter

170 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  09:40:17 AM  Show Profile Send origami a Private Message
quote:
[
are you sure they're not just using variegated yarn? just making sure. if they are using solid colors and alternating colors in each row, I'd like to know how they're doing it also. They are possibly adding the new color @ the beginning of the row where they want a different color.

I've knitted several with variegated yarn. I know that some people use noro or another striping yarn when knitting traditional entrelac and have seen color changes that way. I'm wondering how to accomplish the color change if I wanted to do the first row of triangles in one color and then switch off for the second row with the increasing/descreasing triangles and squares and then go back to the first color for the row of squares.
Go to Top of Page

millsgrad
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  10:46:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit millsgrad's Homepage Send millsgrad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by origami

quote:
[
are you sure they're not just using variegated yarn? just making sure. if they are using solid colors and alternating colors in each row, I'd like to know how they're doing it also. They are possibly adding the new color @ the beginning of the row where they want a different color.

I've knitted several with variegated yarn. I know that some people use noro or another striping yarn when knitting traditional entrelac and have seen color changes that way. I'm wondering how to accomplish the color change if I wanted to do the first row of triangles in one color and then switch off for the second row with the increasing/descreasing triangles and squares and then go back to the first color for the row of squares.

I say, give it a go! And share pictures. :) This is somewhat off topic but have you seen the ninepatch dishcloth pattern posted here?

rhoda

Come see my blog!
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  12:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
I have pics of the garterlac and the ninepatch on my blog. I'm doing a ninepatch right now. I think a bunch of squares of the garterlac and ninepatch would make a really neat blanket!
I agree with Rhoda, give it a go and share pics!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
Go to Top of Page

millsgrad
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  3:16:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit millsgrad's Homepage Send millsgrad a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by KnittAR

I have pics of the garterlac and the ninepatch on my blog. I'm doing a ninepatch right now. I think a bunch of squares of the garterlac and ninepatch would make a really neat blanket!
I agree with Rhoda, give it a go and share pics!!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take....But by the moments that take our breath away."

Later....AR
Come visit my blog

AR,

I saw your ninepatch on your blog! I was so excited to see one done because I hadn't seen any yet other than the md ones. Ohhh, you're so smart -a bunch of squares of the garterlac or the ninepatch would make a great blanket and you wouldn't even need to seam them together! Genius.[!]

rhoda

Come see my blog!
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  3:43:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Might also make a cute small rug. Like the ballband rug in the MD book.

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

KnittAR
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
575 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  7:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnittAR's Homepage Send KnittAR a Private Message
Yeah, a small rug is a great idea. I could use one in the kitchen or bath. I crocheted (spelling?) red around the edge of the black and white ninepatch. It looks good. I got more cotton for more garterlacs, and some other dishcloths. I'm addicted to them right now.lol

Later....AR
Come visit my blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by