Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 I Just Met Cheryl Schaefer of The Schaefer Yarn Co
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:26:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
I just had the pleasure of meeting a Celebrity of the Knitting World, none of than Cheryl Schaefer of The Schaefer Yarn Company. Since I'm in New York City for the summer I took a trip upstate to Interlaken, NY in the Finger Lakes region. Cheryl is a wonderful person who I could have talked to for hours! She introduced me to her staff , its always fun to meet the person behind the voice on the phone. She gave me a tour of her facilities and let me watch some of the beautiful dying techniques they're known for. She even told me about the upcoming yarns and colors she's planning (all of which I'm sworn to secrecy about at the moment)! As soon as I can tell I will.

Her garden is huge and its easy to see how her collection of spectacular flowers inspires her vivid imagination when it comes planning and mixing her colorways. Shes a very warm person and a joy to visit. The whole experience gave me more understanding of why her colorways are some of the most beautiful hand paints available.

I was able to get my hands on some of her new Potluck Colors in her two sock yarns, Anne and Lola. Pictures to be posted soon!

https://id306.securedata.net/sandrasingh.com/merchantmanager/index.php?cPath=126

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com

dschmidt
Permanent Resident

3935 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  1:46:34 PM  Show Profile Send dschmidt a Private Message
How wonderful for you! I am kniting some scarves with her yarn right now and it is so fabulously soft and beautifully dyed.

Donna in VA
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  1:50:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Well, I hope you told her what a big fan I am! I can't think of another yarn brand name that I find as consistantly wonderful to work with!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  06:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
What a wonderful day. Congrats on getting to meet her and getting the tour.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

Schaeferyarnlover
Gabber Extraordinaire

513 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:00:51 AM  Show Profile Send Schaeferyarnlover a Private Message
Wow, I'm impressed! (From my screen-name can you tell how much I love her yarn?) I was a new knitter,travelling when I first saw her yarn at Woolcott&Co in Cambridge, Mass. I could not believe the beautiful jewel tones,the softness,the names of the yarn(Rosa Parks,etc.)
Her yarn inspires me.
Debra
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  10:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
Wow, can anyone come visit? What a trip that would be!
Go to Top of Page

sandrasingh
Seriously Hooked

USA
740 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  12:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit sandrasingh's Homepage Send sandrasingh a Private Message
I'm not really sure if anyone can stop by. When I was there they were getting ready for a visit from a local yarn store who was bringing in a group of their customers.

BTW I love your screen name Debra!!

Sandra Singh
www.sandrasingh.com
sandrasingh@sandrasingh.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth