Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 General News and Announcements
 I'm played on Cast-On!!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnitMongrel
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitMongrel's Homepage Send KnitMongrel a Private Message
Hi everyone! So I've been an avid Cast-On listener ever since I took up knitting about two years ago, and I finally got the nerve to email Brenda and ask if she'd play one of my songs (I'm also a singer/songwriter)... and she did!!!! I'm totally floored, and humbled, and it's SO cool to see my two greatest passions, knitting and music, come together.

She played it on her episode that came out today, and I'm so giddy I can barely type. Just wanted to share the news with you all, since you've all been really supportive and helpful with my knitting (lace shawl coming soon - thanks to everyone who helped with that).

Love you guys!

Alyssa

"Before you judge somebody, walk a mile in her shoes.
That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have her shoes."

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats on getting your song played.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

gwtreece
Permanent Resident

USA
7254 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Send gwtreece a Yahoo! Message Send gwtreece a Private Message
Congrats on getting your song played.

Wanda
My Blog
Go to Top of Page

mkeson
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:40:59 PM  Show Profile Send mkeson a Private Message
Congratulatons!! What an honor! When I first saw your topic title, I thought you were tired of Cast-On, you know, it was played out!

Mary from VA
"Housework is like threading beads on a string with no knot at the end."
Go to Top of Page

mkeson
Chatty Knitter

123 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  12:40:59 PM  Show Profile Send mkeson a Private Message
Congratulatons!! What an honor! When I first saw your topic title, I thought you were tired of Cast-On, you know, it was played out!

Mary from VA
"Housework is like threading beads on a string with no knot at the end."
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
WTG!!!!!! How Exciting!! I must now go and listen to it!

Addicted to the Knit
Becka
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/avatarslinkyfeet.jpg[/IMG]
Whimsical Knitting
Go to Top of Page

becka always
Permanent Resident

USA
1959 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:10:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit becka always's Homepage Send becka always a Private Message
WTG!!!!!! How Exciting!! I must now go and listen to it!

Addicted to the Knit
Becka
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/avatarslinkyfeet.jpg[/IMG]
Whimsical Knitting
Go to Top of Page

Mama Cat
Permanent Resident

1223 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  1:11:50 PM  Show Profile Send Mama Cat a Private Message
Hey!! congratulations. I still haven't made it through all of the back episodes, but might listen to this one out of sequence so I can hear you!

Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  2:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Great news! I'm constantly amazed at all the 'great' people I get to be around on KR!

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

elizh
Permanent Resident

USA
1248 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:16:08 PM  Show Profile Send elizh a Private Message
Congratulations! I've recently discovered Cast-on, and am working my way through the old episodes. I've admired BD's taste in music, so I'm anxious to hear your performance...
Go to Top of Page

KnitMongrel
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitMongrel's Homepage Send KnitMongrel a Private Message
Hey thanks so much for the support and kind words, guys. I too worked my way through all the back episodes recently, and I LOVE Brenda and the show. I could never get sick of her. :) it just seems to get better and better, no? Anyway, I'm still so honored! Thanks everyone!

Go to Top of Page

KnitMongrel
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  3:55:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitMongrel's Homepage Send KnitMongrel a Private Message
Hey thanks so much for the support and kind words, guys. I too worked my way through all the back episodes recently, and I LOVE Brenda and the show. I could never get sick of her. :) it just seems to get better and better, no? Anyway, I'm still so honored! Thanks everyone!

Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  06:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I, too, love to listen to Cast On. Congrats!! I'm going to listen now.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  06:53:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I, too, love to listen to Cast On. Congrats!! I'm going to listen now.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  11:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Alyssa - how exciting for you! Now I'm going to have to go give it a listen......

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)
Go to Top of Page

SheBer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
421 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  11:31:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit SheBer's Homepage Send SheBer a Private Message
Alyssa - how exciting for you! Now I'm going to have to go give it a listen......

Sheri
www.theloopyewe.com
www.theloopyewe.com/sheri/ (blog)
Go to Top of Page

Eleanor
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  02:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Eleanor a Yahoo! Message Send Eleanor a Private Message
Where and how can we listen to "Cast On"? I haven't heard of it? 'Would love to know about it!
Go to Top of Page

Eleanor
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
583 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  02:07:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Eleanor a Yahoo! Message Send Eleanor a Private Message
Where and how can we listen to "Cast On"? I haven't heard of it? 'Would love to know about it!
Go to Top of Page

KnitMongrel
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitMongrel's Homepage Send KnitMongrel a Private Message
Hey! Cast On can either be downloaded as a Podcast through iTunes, or you can go to www.cast-on.com and I'm pretty sure you can listen to it there.

If you haven't heard it, you must! Brenda Dayne is fantastic, and her podcast is VERY well made... every knitter should listen. :)

Enjoy!

Alyssa

Visit my shiny new blog! http://web.mac.com/hxquarter/iWeb/KnitMongrel/blog/blog.html - I know the URL is ugly, but I'm working on it!
Go to Top of Page

KnitMongrel
New Pal

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  10:08:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit KnitMongrel's Homepage Send KnitMongrel a Private Message
Hey! Cast On can either be downloaded as a Podcast through iTunes, or you can go to www.cast-on.com and I'm pretty sure you can listen to it there.

If you haven't heard it, you must! Brenda Dayne is fantastic, and her podcast is VERY well made... every knitter should listen. :)

Enjoy!

Alyssa

Visit my shiny new blog! http://web.mac.com/hxquarter/iWeb/KnitMongrel/blog/blog.html - I know the URL is ugly, but I'm working on it!
Go to Top of Page

Schleppenheimer
Seriously Hooked

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  2:17:15 PM  Show Profile Send Schleppenheimer a Private Message
Alyssa --

I listened to the Cast-On podcast for the very first time this weekend, and heard you! You were great! Keep the music coming!

Kris
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.