Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Groups Seeking Donated Materials and Knitted Items
 Blind knitting group
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donncoop
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  04:05:49 AM  Show Profile Send donncoop a Private Message
currently a volunteer, The program to teach knitting and crocheting to Blind and visually impaired men and women at Associated Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Philadelphia Pa. continues. The succeses have been numerous and the confidence the clients gained has also been remarkable. The group has developed into a supportive, problem solving entity. Individuals who at one time had no voice seem to ahve found theirs. For many this experience has changed their lives. They spend their day laughing, knitting and sharing. We now have a waiting list for the program.

Sadly they are unable to purchase materials. The agency due to limited funding, is currently unable to help. I have provided the start up materials for the clients but because of the numbers( 25-30) students per class, I need some help. For those of you who have contributed again we thank you. Donations are still needed and would be appreciated. We require yarn of all different weights, smoother the better.It can be solid, self striping or varigated. Appropriate needles and crochet hooks would also be helpful. All materials can be sent to Barbra Levin at 215 627-0600. Volunteers are also needed.
ASB
919 Walnut Street
Philadelphia Pa, 19107

thanks in advance,
donna

lizknit
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
511 Posts

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly