Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Women's Sweaters/Clothing
 Pingouin Fleur de Laine
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ginnabehn
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2003 :  08:13:36 AM  Show Profile Send ginnabehn a Private Message
I have 8 skeins of Pingouin Fleur de Laine which I'd like to make into a woman's sweater. Anyone know of or have directions specifically made for this yarn? Thanks.

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  02:52:51 AM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
There's a free pattern for a woman's cardigan using Fleur de Laine here:

http://knitting.about.com/library/weekly/aa022000.htm

but it calls for two colors so I don't know if it will be of any use to you.

Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Go to Top of Page

ginnabehn
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  4:40:36 PM  Show Profile Send ginnabehn a Private Message
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I did see that pattern, but decided against it because I have one color and didn't think it was worth doing. I am just going to make a basic, classic cardigan out of it and hope for the best.

Go to Top of Page

ginnabehn
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  4:40:36 PM  Show Profile Send ginnabehn a Private Message
Thanks for responding to my inquiry. I did see that pattern, but decided against it because I have one color and didn't think it was worth doing. I am just going to make a basic, classic cardigan out of it and hope for the best.

Go to Top of Page

ginnabehn
New Pal

2 Posts

Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2584 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  8:31:00 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
ginnabehn: I absolutely adore Fleur de Laine. I am making my husband a sweater from it now - a beautiful aran-type knit in a deep blue. I love knitting it, and I love the way it looks. I found a Pingouin pattern for a woman's cardigan - it is a lovely cable pattern with an interesting rib. The pattern calls for "Star +" yarn, but the gauge is the same as Fleur de Laine. The pattern is in Pingouin book #129, Winter 90-91. But in any case, Fleur de Laine is a basic worsted weight yarn so you should be able to find lots of options. Good luck, and let me know if you give up and want to unload your stash!
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2584 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  8:31:00 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
ginnabehn: I absolutely adore Fleur de Laine. I am making my husband a sweater from it now - a beautiful aran-type knit in a deep blue. I love knitting it, and I love the way it looks. I found a Pingouin pattern for a woman's cardigan - it is a lovely cable pattern with an interesting rib. The pattern calls for "Star +" yarn, but the gauge is the same as Fleur de Laine. The pattern is in Pingouin book #129, Winter 90-91. But in any case, Fleur de Laine is a basic worsted weight yarn so you should be able to find lots of options. Good luck, and let me know if you give up and want to unload your stash!
Go to Top of Page

FrancieGirl
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  10:48:19 PM  Show Profile Send FrancieGirl a Private Message
quote:

Hi :o) I was just reading your note and wanted to tell you I have 19 skeins of Fleur de Laine I would sell, if you are interested. I have 9 skeins of red, color: 005, and 10 skeins of white, color: 001.
Email me if you are interested. :o)
Sharon

Go to Top of Page

FrancieGirl
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2003 :  10:48:19 PM  Show Profile Send FrancieGirl a Private Message
quote:

Hi :o) I was just reading your note and wanted to tell you I have 19 skeins of Fleur de Laine I would sell, if you are interested. I have 9 skeins of red, color: 005, and 10 skeins of white, color: 001.
Email me if you are interested. :o)
Sharon

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.