Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: An Irish twist on yarn from Black Water Abbey
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Completion Issues?
 I-cord straps
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  05:59:35 AM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
I am finishing a tank top. It calls for 2 I-cords then tie them together.

This tank is knitted with 2 thin cotton yarns, so it is a little thicker than what I considered and am used to with tank tops. Granted most tanks are thin cotton t-shirts..It is equal to a worsted weight yarn.

It is turning out very elegant looking, I'm planning on wearing it more at night to go out and think that a knot on top would look yuky. Besides the I-cords are equally thck

So should I pick up the stitches on the front, Icord to the back and just stitch to the back or a 3 needle bind off or 2 Icords and 3 needle bind off on top? I need advise.

I don't want the straps to be too stretchy, otherwise I have visions of the "sag" being a little too revealing.

I'll post pics when done.

Kristin

"Why is it that dogs get mad when you blow in their faces, but love to ride with their heads out of the window?"

Hannah
Warming Up

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  06:33:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hannah's Homepage Send Hannah a Private Message
Take it to your LYS and ask for advice :)

So much yarn, so little time!
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2006 :  08:04:23 AM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
Perhaps instead of i cord, to make it lay more flt, just do regualr stockinette, ewww that's be a pain to block, or do a thinkkeri i cord, like 3 stitches instead of 4, and knit it all the way down to the "back part, and then do a three needle bind off (I thin kyou said this).

To make sure it is perfect, why not do an i cord swatch check to see how much stretches how much, and then you can apply that to your straps.

It's been six months, but I'm back in the knitting game!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe