Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Current Projects?
 Late to the party: Charlotte's web in Koigu
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

VictoiseC
New Pal

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  09:15:21 AM  Show Profile Send VictoiseC a Private Message
Late to the party! I don't even know which shawl it is.
Well I'm rather new here... can someone post a link to the shawl?
Or doyou have to buy a pattern? Thanks!

V.i.c.t.o.i.s.e.
Go to Top of Page

TalesOfYarn
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  09:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit TalesOfYarn's Homepage Send TalesOfYarn a Private Message
I don't know which shawl this is either. A quick Google (remembering to add "shawl" so as not to get stuff about E.B.White or Wilbur the pig) led me to http://www.kyarns.com/koigu-painters-palette-premium-merino-charlottes-web-shawl.html

Cindy

http://tales-of-yarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TalesOfYarn
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  09:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit TalesOfYarn's Homepage Send TalesOfYarn a Private Message
I don't know which shawl this is either. A quick Google (remembering to add "shawl" so as not to get stuff about E.B.White or Wilbur the pig) led me to http://www.kyarns.com/koigu-painters-palette-premium-merino-charlottes-web-shawl.html

Cindy

http://tales-of-yarn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  9:47:04 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message
Add a fourth latecomer. It's been waiting patiently in my basket for a good year now. Love the colors.

Anne

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

abt1950
Permanent Resident

3019 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2006 :  9:47:04 PM  Show Profile Send abt1950 a Private Message
Add a fourth latecomer. It's been waiting patiently in my basket for a good year now. Love the colors.

Anne

Knit long and prosper
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  07:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
#5 here. This just keeps getting bumped by other projects.
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  07:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
#5 here. This just keeps getting bumped by other projects.
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3466 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  08:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Yep Cindy, that's the shawl!

Victoise, you can see pictures of finished shawl here:
http://flickr.com/search/?q=charlotte+web+shawl&m=text
The pattern is sold by Koigu and I got mine from theknittingzone.com

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

minh
Permanent Resident and Destasher Extraordinnaire

USA
3466 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  08:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit minh's Homepage Send minh a Private Message
Yep Cindy, that's the shawl!

Victoise, you can see pictures of finished shawl here:
http://flickr.com/search/?q=charlotte+web+shawl&m=text
The pattern is sold by Koigu and I got mine from theknittingzone.com

--Minh
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  04:54:01 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
I love the shawl done by Cosmicpluto (from the link above). It is done in black and really looks different done in a dark solid color. The pattern shows up much better.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  04:54:01 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
I love the shawl done by Cosmicpluto (from the link above). It is done in black and really looks different done in a dark solid color. The pattern shows up much better.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
I have all the ingredients for Charlotte's Web in my stash, too. It has been there a long time, because I bought everything when I was a newbie knitter and it was too daunting to take on back then. It still looks a bit difficult (I have never worked with a chart), but I think I may try it out soon. I like it in both the solid and variegated colors. The only problem with the variegated is deciding on the shades to use. It's difficult to envision what it will look like when it's finished.

J.
Go to Top of Page

JGOLOSO
Gabber Extraordinaire

491 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile Send JGOLOSO a Private Message
I have all the ingredients for Charlotte's Web in my stash, too. It has been there a long time, because I bought everything when I was a newbie knitter and it was too daunting to take on back then. It still looks a bit difficult (I have never worked with a chart), but I think I may try it out soon. I like it in both the solid and variegated colors. The only problem with the variegated is deciding on the shades to use. It's difficult to envision what it will look like when it's finished.

J.
Go to Top of Page

temari
Gabber Extraordinaire

497 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  2:48:06 PM  Show Profile Send temari a Private Message
You must be a fast knitter and pay attention. Each time I started Charlotte's web (did 3, the last one using zephyr, but used smaller needles than Cosmicpluto), I would mess up numerous times in the first 31 rows ~ even using my notes.

I even messed up when I was blocking the first shawl - the bottom tip of the shawl wasn't where I thought it was supposed to be so it wasn't laying flat.

Love to see a photo when you're finished!
Go to Top of Page

temari
Gabber Extraordinaire

497 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2006 :  2:48:06 PM  Show Profile Send temari a Private Message
You must be a fast knitter and pay attention. Each time I started Charlotte's web (did 3, the last one using zephyr, but used smaller needles than Cosmicpluto), I would mess up numerous times in the first 31 rows ~ even using my notes.

I even messed up when I was blocking the first shawl - the bottom tip of the shawl wasn't where I thought it was supposed to be so it wasn't laying flat.

Love to see a photo when you're finished!
Go to Top of Page

Laura Ver
Seriously Hooked

656 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  6:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laura Ver's Homepage Send Laura Ver a Private Message
I made mine in a solid color (a dark blue). I skipped the fringe. Not having to change colors, I only used 4 skeins of Koigu.

Laura
Go to Top of Page

Laura Ver
Seriously Hooked

656 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  6:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laura Ver's Homepage Send Laura Ver a Private Message
I made mine in a solid color (a dark blue). I skipped the fringe. Not having to change colors, I only used 4 skeins of Koigu.

Laura
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.